You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

joystick/yoke profiles (FS9)

Ernesto Alvarez 818262

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

anyone know how i can switch between my joystick and yoke without unplugging one or the other?

i like using the new CH yoke, but i'd like to be able to switch to the saitek for whenever i fly the whirly birds or whatever

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

Other than using the FSUIPC registered version and directly using it's axes I wouldn't know.

But you can set up both to do the functions and it shouldn't be a problem wouldn't it. I used to have both plugged in and whenever I managed to yank my Yoke out from its hold (and many times and hence the workaround ) I quickly picked up my joy stick to continue the flight. I have secured it better now, so no joystick. Since the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments are individually done, you shouldn't have a problem, that is unless of course you mapped it to some other function, in that case, FSUIPC.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Yes, I will write a post for you on the best way to set up FS controls, when i get to the airport and can use my laptop, I do what your asking with my yoke and joystick.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Ok here we go.

Fist thing is to plug in all your joysticks you want to use, that is pedals, throttles, yokes, side sticks

Then in FS9

This is one thing I hate about FS9, however once you do it right the first time, you will never have to touch it again, FS9 has a bad habit of [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning things where they shouldn't be, that is, my side stick is fighting for aileron control with one of my thrust leavers....

Therefore you must go through and delete every single [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment, axis and button control for your controls, always start with a clean set up, restart FS, on the 2nd start verify that every thing is deleted.

If you have throttles, then you are looking to do what I do, and that is, swap from yoke to joystick, there is no need to unplug any thing.

Set up all your buttons and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignments, including Aileron and elevator axis for one of your controls, restart FS.

When you want to swap controls, just change the Aileron and elevator axis in FS, do a full function test before you fly, as some times FS likes to tick the reverse box by its self, can be annoying when you get to V1 and wont pull up.

The reason for restarting FS after your changes, is because if FS crashes you loose all your work.

A clean set up is the best set up.

Good luck

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member