You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

HELP - SID/STAR format in .ese

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

I'm the FE in the CZYZ FIR, I'm working on our sectorfiles and we have tons of new RNAV DP's. I defined the names "procedure.transition", but this doesn't work because we have multiple SID's that go to the same transition, one for props and one for jets. Euroscope is defaulting to the one higher up, so in the example below it will default to the BOMIT1.BERIK instead because it is higher up, it shows right in the fp, but in the departure list it shows the wrong one and same when you plot the route.

SID:CYYZ:05:VERDO1.BERIK:VERDO1 BERUT VERDO AGNOB BERIK

HELP PLZ

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

CZUL, ZNY, ZOB, ZBW Visitor

Canforce CEO

Sebastien Bartosz
Posted
Posted
SID:CYYZ:05:VERDO1.BERIK:VERDO1 BERUT VERDO AGNOB BERIK

I am no ese file expert...but at first glance, first of all you may not want to put the 1 in : SID:CYYZ:05:VERDO1.BERIK:VERDO1 BERUT VERDO AGNOB BERIK

Because VERDO1 is not a waypoint.

I'm also not sure is ES supports the procedure.transition either

But what kind of routing is VERDO BERUT VERDO AGNOB BERIK ?

New York ARTCC

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

It's just a format that we use in Canada that serves absolutely no purpose, since VERDO1 isn't a waypoint euroscope just skipps over it. I don't know why we do it like this, but I've tryed removing it and no luck.

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

Canforce CEO

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

It does support procedure transition, we use it in Australia, if my memory serves me right, you don put the dot in also make sure you delete every thing up to the first way point that is also the last waypoint of the SID.

Example on this route for Australia

SY H65 RAZZI Q29 ML

Would become

DEENA4WOL/16R WOL H65 RAZZI Q29 LIZZI5A/16I

DEENA4WOL/16R

SID for DEENA 4 with Wollongong (wol) transition off 16R

LIZZI5A/16I

STAR for LIZZI 5 A (A=ILS transition) runway 16 I (I defines ins approach)

However the I and V after the runway I think only relates to our TAAATS mod, but I'm sure you could define that in the sector file.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

I'll try it out, thanks. My only concern is that will it recognize when the pilots filles the SID/STAR? If the pilot files, for example, BOMIT1.BERIK, would euroscope know to interpret it as BOMIT1BERIK (without dot or space). I'll do sme testing tonight, thanks

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

Canforce CEO

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Nope it wont,

Is it normal for pilots to file in Canada?

Just get your controllers to fix it, when they [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign a SSR code

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Aaron Schpitzer 1174936
Posted
Posted

I made a temporary fix, I got rid of the transitions on the BOMIT1, now it terminates at the last common fix then direct to the transition point when you plt the route. This elimainates doubles of the transitions. I sent a PM to Gergely about hopefully fixing it in the euroscope update that's coming out. I've been coordinating with other FIR's and were all hoping it'll get fixed.

CFC001.png

1174936, S3/P1

CZYZ FE

Canforce CEO