Has any of you ever flown Cross the Pond in X-Plane?

Yup.

2011 Eastbound I'll admit x-plane crashed halfway over the atlantic, but hey, that happens to many people on FS too. 2011 West I completed my flights successfully. Both flights I flew in the great x737 by eadt. Note that the normal 738 doesn't have enough fuel for the whole trip, so I downloaded the livery with auxiliary fuel tanks from xplane.org (http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=10739). Granted that that plane is slower than most of the 747/57/67/77's being flown, but it's a great (freeware) plane. I'm sure there are also other great paywares you could use. I think I also got some scenery from the .org. Hope you do it and have lots of fun!

-Daniel

I haven't done so yet, but I intend to cross the Atlantic with Guy Montagu-Pollock's forthcoming Comet 4C. I believe Mexicana used the type in the 1960s for transatlantic routes.

This might require the creation of a LORAN-A simulation. And given the aircraft cruises at 0.76M or so, I'll need a good few books to read en-route.

X-Plane 9.70 / Windows XP

• 1 year later...

I am planning on doing so for CPT 2013 eastbound. I was planning on using the Ramzzess and Phillip T7. I am new to vatsim, and I am wondering if it is able to do so. I notice xsquawkbox doesn't have SELCAL. Also the T7 doesn't have Required time of arrival, and can't intercept a radial with the FMC, and this is required for the SID from KDTW. Are these features required? Thanks.

Once, westbound in a freeware Concorde Quick, 3.5 hr flight into NEWARK, even saw the sonic boom on entering and exiting supersonic cruise. Since Concorde's route was not too complicated, I was able to fly with the default FMC (or the xcuse for one) and had to go-around when a pilot who got disconnected on final decided to reconnect....fun stuff.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Also the T7 doesn't have Required time of arrival, and can't intercept a radial with the FMC, and this is required for the SID from KDTW. Are these features required? Thanks.

Can't you just manually fly the radial?

Ryan Geckler - GK | Former VATUSA3 - Division Training Manager

VATSIM Minneapolis ARTCC | FAA Miami ARTCC 

Cross the Pond Planning Team

Also the T7 doesn't have Required time of arrival, and can't intercept a radial with the FMC, and this is required for the SID from KDTW. Are these features required? Thanks.

Can't you just manually fly the radial?

True. I guess I just got carried away with the complaints.

I will probably just use fix page, and fly manually or heading select. You can't track a VOR on the 777, like on a 737. (without FMC)