You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Saitek Joystick Help

Conor Chaplin 1262896

Conor Chaplin 1262896
Posted
Posted

I only recently got myself a copy FSX Gold with the Acceleration pack so Im' pretty new to FSX.

To go with this I bought myself a Saitek X52 Pro joystick and throttle. Once I'd set them up they were working really nicely with FSX and I had no problems with them. Recently I was messing about with different profiles for the controllers and I've noticed that the controllers only now work properly in the 2D cockpit view in FSX. For example, when flying in the 2D cockpit, if I move the stick to the left the plane will bank left as normal and the viewpoint will remain static. But if I'm in any other view, such as virtual cockpit, top down, or external, not only does the joystick control the control surfaces of the aircraft, it also adjusts the veiwpoint. For example, if I'm in the virtual cockpit view and I move the stick to the left, the plane will bank left but the viewpoint also rotates to the left.

I know it's not an effect similar to what they have in Flightgear where the pilots head moves with the turn, because of the way it moves - if I then center the stick the view returns to the original position.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks

Michael Schwartz 1143713
Posted
Posted

I think your issue is with your axes configuration. Go to settings->Controls...->Control Axes, then scroll down to the bottom where you see view. Clear any joytick axes [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to those fields and you should be set.

• 2 weeks later...
Stephen Prendergast 125311
Posted
Posted

NumLock on/off sometimes messes mine up.