You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Facebook Group

Chris Robison

Chris Robison
Posted
Posted

What are the policies of the VATSIM Facebook Group for VAs?

I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume they should be the same, but non VATSIM VAs are posting there. It's not that hard to get approval for VAs and I welcome all VAs to it. It's simply not right for other VAs who have no partnerships with us.

What do others think?

Blue Skies,

Chris Robison

C1

VATUSA Member

Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

Via the VA News post by Kyle Ramsay

"Welcome to the VA News Posting Forum.

This forum is open to all VATSIM members who wish to post news items, press releases, promotion announcements, partnerships, and other news items of interest to the VATSIM pilot and VA community at large.

These postings must all adhere to the VATSIM CoR and other terms of service regarding the kinds of content that is not allowed, such as commercial sites and artwork, unauthorized use of copywrite material (airliners.net photos w/o permission, etc.), or content not directly related to VATSIM online flying and Virtual Flying Organizations. Unauthorized postings may be removed without notice by the moderators.

Please also note this forum is post only, so be sure to include your contact information in your post.

If you have questions, they may be addressed to me at the email below."

There are no policies stating that non-VATSIM partnered VA's are allowed to post in these forums either. How is it not right? Do you wish to edge out fictional VA's or non-Partnered VA's to advertise your own more? I see no reason not to allow posting from non-partnered VAs. Quite a few of those non-partnered VA's become partnered down the road. We don't all start at 25 active pilots.

This isn't me trying to start any arguments, it's just me stating my own opinon. Any VA that flies on the VATSIM network, partnered or not, should have the right to publicize their groups and enjoy being part of the community.

BE4SQyR.jpg

“Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving.”

Chris Robison
Posted
Posted

Yes Robbie, you answered for the forums. Not for the Facebook group.

In fact, "we" do not post on the VATSIM Facebook at all. As a partner, you would think it would be limited to "Partner VAs" (We have gone through an approval process and audit process). Now there are other avenues for VA advertising. MAYBE, it's time to start adding these kinds of advertising avenues for VA partner advertising. It should only be an added benefit for partner VAs.

There is simply no guidance for this.

Blue Skies,

Chris Robison

C1

VATUSA Member

Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

Your original post stated VATSIM Partnered VA. Now it states VATSIM VA.

BE4SQyR.jpg

“Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving.”

Romano Lara
Posted
Posted

Without a written policy, it is hard to tell. But it safe to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that the Facebook group, although a bit more 'wild' if you will.. is an extension of the forums. It is only right to think that the same rule applies when posting there, as you will in this forums.

Romano Lara
vACC Philippines, Manager - Training & Standards
04819c_4181f294a6c34b5aa4d8a82c0fb448c5~mv2.webp

Davor Kusec 990407
Posted
Posted

This is coming from a VATSIM Facebook page admin (me), as long as the post is respectful and it doesn't get out of hand (like posting every day), any VA is welcome to post in there just like they are welcome to post in the VA News section of these forums.

Davor Kusec

Air Traffic Director | Northeast Region VATUSA

Supervisor | VATSIM

990407.jpg