You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSInn causes FSX to freeze

Sasha Ivanoff 916136

Sasha Ivanoff 916136
Posted
Posted (edited)

No matter what, whenever I fly, FSX freezes up and I was in a middle of a flight when FSX crashed altogether. Much of the time I will fly and FSX will freeze for fifteen seconds or so before it unpauses and it gets annoying.

Is there something configuration wise I'm doing wrong? For me to go back to FS9 would be a pain, since everything is configured for FSX.

On the otherhand, if I fly offline, I have ZERO problems whatsoever.

Any advice?

Edited by Guest

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

how sure are you its FSINN? check the error report

Sasha Ivanoff 916136
Posted
Posted

This "freezing" happens even on a flight I complete. I can be ahead of the real time clock at the start of the flight and by the end be behind by several minutes. It's almost as if something's struggling to load.

And here's the error log:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: API.DLL, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb58

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00023298

Faulting process id: 0x11bc

Faulting application start time: 0x01ceacc355c69737

Faulting application path: J:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: J:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\API.DLL

Report Id: 64971257-18c4-11e3-81d5-e840f20af346

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

its not FSINN, its an access violation

right click FSX.exe, go to properties, then compatibility. select run as administrator

Sasha Ivanoff 916136
Posted
Posted

Already running as an administrator.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

that usually helps, but not always. basically what happened is FSX tried to access memory at the time that wasnt available. its not the same as running out of memory, just it could not access it and the result is a crash

if you search "memory access violation" youll find lots of articles on google about it, some with recommendations to help stop that.

one that i see often recommended for FSX is to make sure you dont have FSX installed in the program files folder, instead you should install it on its folder outside of that, example C:/FSX. that tends to help with a lot of these

Sasha Ivanoff 916136
Posted
Posted

But what would cause the mini-freezes? What would cause FSX to in the middle of a flight stop for fifteen seconds, but after a few (or fifteen or thirty seconds), the flight resumes.

It's as if in these cases the game locks up and then continues as if nothing happened. That's the thing I'm more concerned about.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

could be anything. weather being downloaded and loaded into the sim, textures loading, etc...

some PC's handle that better then others, depends on the PC specs.

you mentioned offline it doesnt happen. one thing to remember is when you connect, you may have lag on the connection, which may cause them as well

• 1 month later...
Sasha Ivanoff 916136
Posted
Posted

I'm wondering if it could have something to do with the weather. Tomorrow I'm going to try FSX using MS's weather machine and see how that works. More the reason why I anxiously await VATSIM's in-house pilot client.

Sasha Ivanoff 916136
Posted
Posted

Yeap, turns out the FSInn weather was to blame. I'll use the FS weather engine from here on out.