You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Enroute Charts for europe?

Diego Vasquez

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted

Quick question, anybody knows of a place to find enroute charts for western europe like those found in https://www.fltplan.com/AwMainToApproachPlates.exe?a=1 "Full-Featured Enroute Charts with Current Weather"?

I am having a hard time for finding jetways that properly connect, when leaving NATs eastbound into airport STARs.

Duarte  Folgado 1106197
Posted
Posted

Hello Diego,

Apart from payware solutions like Jeppesen you have also http://skyvector.com/website.

It contains VFR, Low and High design.

Duarte Folgado

Instructor (I1) & Certified Pilot (P4)

Lisboa FIR Director (ACCPT3)

Portugal vACC -VATEUD - VATSIM

2.png1106197.png

Johan Grauers
Posted
Posted

Also when overflying or flying into the UK or Ireland look at the NATS standard route docomeent, it's available from the NATS AIS (google and you shall find) and it gives you standard routes from all entry points to all major airports and all exit points of the Ireland/UK airspace, it is very handy when doing route planning and saves a load of time.

Johan Grauers

Event Coordinator - vACC Scandinavia

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

There is a program called simSRD that presents this data in graphical form - much easier to use.

Eurocontrol high level charts are available here. I understand low level routes were to follow but I don't know if they are available yet.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted

Thanks! All useful suggestions.

Standard routes? I love those!

Side question now, Doing a quick look at Skyvector, most of Ireland has some waypoints but there are virtually no high airways?

Yesterday I was trying to fly to Dublin, and [without this info today] I was unable to find any airways connecting to it... no wonder!

I suspect the reason may not be technical in nature.

Michael Pike
Posted
Posted

I think they call it "free flight" or something like that. Ireland and Portugal are two of the areas I know of where there are no high airways anymore - you just plan direct from entry-point to exit-point.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

Duarte  Folgado 1106197
Posted
Posted

Hello, I can't speak for Ireland as I don't have full information about it, but I believe it's a system similar here in Portugal.

The Free Route Airspace (FRA) allows operators more flexibility in flight planning: Eurocontrol FRA Info

As Michael said allows you in case of overflying making "entry-exit" directs.

In Portugal the important to highlight is:

"Within the FRA area there will be no limitations on the use of “DCT “.

Overflight traffic should plan directly from FRA airspace entry point to FRA airspace exit point.

Arriving traffic should plan directly from FRA airspace entry point to the STAR initial waypoint.

Departing traffic should plan directly from SID final waypoint to the FRA airspace exit point."

I hope that helped,

Duarte

Duarte Folgado

2.png1106197.png

Thomas Wand
Posted
Posted

Overflight traffic should plan directly from FRA airspace entry point to FRA airspace exit point.

Arriving traffic should plan directly from FRA airspace entry point to the STAR initial waypoint.

Departing traffic should plan directly from SID final waypoint to the FRA airspace exit point."

So traffic inside the country basically files "SID DCT STAR"? Must give the guys doing the procedure design one hell of a headache unless the SIDs / STARs get certain restrictions to untangle traffic flows.

VATSIM Instructor (I1) / ACCSUI2

Duarte  Folgado 1106197
Posted
Posted

So traffic inside the country basically files "SID DCT STAR"? Must give the guys doing the procedure design one hell of a headache unless the SIDs / STARs get certain restrictions to untangle traffic flows.

Hi Thomas, affirm! Actually the most used are RNAVs with some discret restrictions.

One example of domestic route [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming 03 in LPPT and 35 in LPPR

(INBOM2N) INBOM DCT ABLEG (ABLEG2C)

Duarte Folgado

2.png1106197.png