You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New American Livery

Scott DeWoody

Scott DeWoody
Posted
Posted

Just wondering if anyone knows if there has been a repaint for the CaptainSim 752, 762, 763 in the new American Livery.

Scott DeWoody

CEO - American Virtual Airlines

joinava dot org

y572_1.jpg

Scott DeWoody
Posted
Posted

Don't everyone speak up at once... Please... one at a time...

Scott DeWoody

joinava dot org

y572_1.jpg

Brian Sommers
Posted
Posted

LOL

maybe that is your answer.. due to the silence.. probably not.

Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

Personally I think the new American livery is lazy and I prefer the old one. I think McPhat is doing freeware AA paints for a few aircraft, since they legally can't sell them.

BE4SQyR.jpg

“Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving.”

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Scott, as I explained over on the JoinAVA forum, I am more than willing to do the repaints, but I have no way to test the paint since I have none of these aircraft installed.

If you don't mind the back-and-forth emails that will be required and the longer repaint times as a result (sometimes I move a line only 1 pixel at a time where parts meet up to get a "perfect" look and then test the livery by going in to flightsim to look at it).

I would need both overall and closeup screenshots from your system showing me where I need to make corrections, move lines, or change colors.

That said, I am perfectly willing, just be warned that on some of my paints it has taken a week or more to get it right due to work and other commitments. That probably translates to a month doing it this way, but I'm game. I did it just this way for a friend out in Texas who wanted an FSX repaint on a De Havilland Beaver before I had FSX installed.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

It would be nice if aircraft vendors could provide the base aircraft without having to pay for it. It would certainly make painting a lot easier than all the back and forth emails, etc.

I do not even want to think how much money I have spent on aircraft over the years just to paint them and then never to use them again.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted
I do not even want to think how much money I have spent on aircraft over the years just to paint them and then never to use them again.
Ever tried approaching any of the aircraft vendors with an offer to sell them your repaint for the cost of the aircraft? Seems like an attractive option for all parties involved.

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

Most of my repaints have been for VAs whether it be for mine or others which normally are not to be redistributed to non va members.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Scott DeWoody
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys. btw, McPhatt will not do this, I asked they responded with we are busy with projects of our own.

American changed the livery because of the B787.. which is partially composite, which cannot be bare metal, therefore the white base.

Thanks Randy, I've been told that you can download a demo version of the CS757... try before you buy kinda thing, no FMC or 3D just the basic model, which is what you would need to do the repaint. I'll check it out.

Scott DeWoody

joinava dot org

y572_1.jpg

Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

You still need a copy of the paint kit through to do the CS757 and if I read my EUA correctly, I'm not allowed to distribute the paint kit. So you'll unfortunately have to buy the aircraft, unless a link to a hosted paint kit magically appears in your inbox.

BE4SQyR.jpg

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Robbie,

The paintkit is nice to have and definitely makes the repaint a lot easier, but I have taken repaints people have done off AVSIM, reduced the texture to all-white and basically made my own paintkits for many birds.

The model is the issue, not really the kit. I have the Quality Wings 757, the SkySpirit 762 merged with the Level D panel, and, of course, the Level-D B763 so it would be counterproductive for me to buy the Captain Sim line just to do a paint. Scott's idea of downloading a demo version, if available, is worth looking in to if said demo version will let me change liveries. I don't care if it flies...just so it looks good sitting on the ground.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

I did a repaint for the CS762 using the demo version. You can change the textures all you like, the aircraft is just missing the gauges and flight functions. Otherwise the model is there and any repaints you add via the aircraft.cfg file

BE4SQyR.jpg

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Perfect....Thanks Robbie

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI