You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xsquawbox vatsim client 64 bit

Leigh Hyde 1262686

Leigh Hyde 1262686
Posted
Posted

Im sure this question has been asked a lot of times but wondered if anyone knows of a 64 bit client to log onto the vatsim network

whilst using xplane 10 and windows 7 64 bit?

Noel Bennett 1159876
Posted
Posted

The short of it: It's not released yet, so you're out of luck.

The long of it:

Also note that the Open Source client (if you come across mention of it in the forums) is not the 64 bit XSB plugin.

Leigh Hyde 1262686
Posted
Posted
The short of it: It's not released yet, so you're out of luck.

The long of it:

Also note that the Open Source client (if you come across mention of it in the forums) is not the 64 bit XSB plugin.

thanks for the response noel and will check out the links to see what progress there is

Noel Bennett 1159876
Posted
Posted

Hopefully they'll be some sooner rather than later. My "plays nicely with others" skills are getting rusty, flying by myself in 64 bit XP10. The scenery's gorgeous, though, and the system is stable.

• 4 weeks later...
Greg Miller 1166272
Posted
Posted

Topic: VATSIM in the 64 bit World

Computer Flight Simulation has been available to the m[Mod - Happy Thoughts] audience since I started on a Commodore 64 in 1985. Intel PC’s and Microsoft FS and its variants dominated until present day. Now the world has changed.

Microsoft Flight Simulation, no longer supported, is a Legacy system that thousands enjoy to this day. And on VATSIM is the predominant user environment.

Enter new computers and challengers to this status quo that offer a richer flight envelope and far better aircraft.

This is X-Plane, available on Windows, Mac, and Lunix. It is offered in two versions, 32 and 64 bit. Since version 10.21+ replaced the long running ver 9.7, model authors have developed impressively advanced aircraft with full functioning FMS, flight dynamics and accurate aircraft structures.

Now the issue, and it’s huge.

We can fly Ramzees T7 in 64 bit in the X-Plane world and enjoy complete enjoyment with a quite perfectly accurate flight simulation.

Unfortunately, you cannot enjoy the same experience flying with realtime world wide human air traffic control. Why? VATSIM is 32 bit only because of the client that accesses it. And regardless of your computer’s power you have restricted memory.

This community is being held back by XSqualkbox, the only client available and it’s 32 bit and likely going to stay that way.

Interested parties need to step up and change this.

Greg Miller

AAL230

1400+ on-line Vatsim hrs.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

greg you must have missed Wades latest post? the 64bit version is about to go to beta.

patience pays off....

Mike Evans
Posted
Posted

This community is being held back by XSquawkbox, the only client available and it’s 32 bit and likely going to stay that way.

http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=62711

Ahem.

Mike Evans

• 2 weeks later...
Jorge Uvo 1211960
Posted
Posted

XSB 64 should be the "Plugin of the year". Finally I can fly 64 bits… Thanks!!!!

J O R G E   U V O

VATBRZ7 - Event Manager

Vatsim P4 Certified & C1 Controller

ZLA V03 Certified

X-Plane 11.30

MacBook Pro 15"|i7 3.1 GHz|16 GB RAM|Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

CH Eclipse Yoke|Saitek Radio & Multi Panels & Rudder Pedals

ZE0346.jpg

0.png