You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flightplan clearance and closure

Greg Schultz 1240692

Greg Schultz 1240692
Posted
Posted

How does one handle a filed fp when flying from one uncontrolled airport to another??? If there is no ATC, does XSB automatically start the fp timing after take off and then enter the arrival time when landed???? Sometimes I like flying this way and want the trip to show up in my statistics. This maybe the same question, how do you close a fp if there is no atc available at the time.

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

AFAIK your statistics are recorded automatically by the servers without any intervention from ATC or pilot client.

swift - Developer

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you simply file it and go when theirs no ATC. the client is not doing the counting, thatll be on the stats side.

as for closing the flightplan, thats automatically done after you log out of the network, itll time out and close. itll also close it when you submit a new one

Greg Schultz 1240692
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the replies and answering my questions

Greg Schultz 1240692
Posted
Posted

OK, got the plan filed and then thru XSB, entered the actual departure time. That got the tracking started in vataware. After landing, I then disconnected and checked vataware and it showed the statistics but it was "still counting" ---- about 4-5 minutes after I disconnected. How long does it take to time out??? Is there a way to input that you have arrived without an ATC and not add these time out minutes???

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

its done automatically. times out after 30 - 60min usually.

keep in mind, vataware is not a logbook. it simply provides statistical data

Greg Schultz 1240692
Posted
Posted

Just went back to vataware and the flight is gone. It was showing the flight after I landed and while it was "still counting" All the other flights I completed and were closed by an ATC are still showing up. So is that the only type of flight that will be maintained by vataware --- one closed by ATC???

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

ATC doesnt close them. we have no control over closing them. we can tell you the time you arrived, but thats about the extent we can do online

theirs a few reasons why VATAWARE might have dropped it.

• you disconnected too quickly after you landed, so it didnt have a chance to record that you were actually on the ground. i forget the update ratio, think its every couple of minutes. to ensure it does record you on the ground, its always good to wait a few minutes after you arrive before disconnecting.

• the ICAO code of the airport you arrived at wasnt recognized

and theres probably some other reasons, but you can be sure the stats database did log the flight either way.