ES on W8.1 tablet?

• 4 months later...

Any updates here? I wonder how the audio in/our works and how you deal with push to talk. It would be great to transmit by clicking some real hardware key on the tablet.

Aww I wish somebody created just an very easy Android radar client for VATSIM, at least for TWRs

Pavel

Pavel Brodsky

VACC-CZ

That's understood Gergely, Thank you. I'm about to take the plunge. Other possible considerations are:-

no wired network connection - need a good reliable wireless.

Needs an adaptor cable (mini display port) to connect an external screen.

Power cable connection is on the side and magnetic. I think it could be a bit iffy, if using it for those really long controlling sessions where the battery won't last!

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK

• 4 weeks later...

Well I took the plunge! The good news is that Input Director works OK with 8.1 so I can still use my other computer to display charts and so on, running the track ball mouse and wireless keyboard over all the screens. ES runs on the tablet with a 22 in screen attached via mini display port adaptor. The USB headset and foot switch worked fine through a USB 2 hub.

I found a display port adaptor considerably cheaper than the Microsoft one. Pity GVCCS doesn't work now! I can use the touch screen for Teamspeak and possibly other things like electronic flight strips.

The main thing is, there are lots of things plugged in to it so I am working on a secure way to fix it to the desk as it's not heavy enough to stay put under its own weight.

For flying, I hope to use it for an FMC - vasFMC can be used remotely like that with FS running on the tower.

Mike Pike

VATSIM-UK