You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Frequency not found

Martin Cumming 1026602

Martin Cumming 1026602
Posted
Posted

Help please!

Squarkbox tells me messages cannot be sent as no frequency has been entered. I can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure you that a frequency HAS been entered. I have used SB on and off for 15 years. The plane I am using is the same plane I have always used.

I can send messages privately. When changing frequencies on the pedestal fsx radios change as they should. Your suggestions are eagerly awaited.......

Duarte  Folgado 1106197
Posted
Posted

Hello Martin,

When you say that frequency has been entered can you confirm in the bottom right corner of SB it says: "Transmitting on 132.200 (voice+text)". Probably the issue is that in your case this will not appear. Anyway try to use as administrator and if you use W7 I suggest to run in XP compatibility mode.

Duarte Folgado

Instructor (I1) & Certified Pilot (P4)

Lisboa FIR Director (ACCPT3)

Portugal vACC -VATEUD - VATSIM

2.png1106197.png

Martin Cumming 1026602
Posted
Posted

Hi Duarte

I was hoping you would chip in. I have even changed the frequency by using the .com procedure. All changes as it should but there is no text or voice written bottom right. I can talk privately. If I send a text it comes up in red that it could not be sent because there is no frequency. This has worked in the recent past. I am set up as administrator..........

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Is there no text or voice or is there NOTHING written in the bottom right?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Duarte  Folgado 1106197
Posted
Posted
All changes as it should but there is no text or voice written bottom right. [...] If I send a text it comes up in red that it could not be sent because there is no frequency[...]

We are moving forward... In that case the red text you are describing is indeed due to the fact that SB is not receiving any com1 frequency, otherwise you will see "Transmitting on XXXXXX (voice+text)" like Norman is asking

In normal circunstances you should see this: (Image from SB user manual)

mainwindow.jpg

Going back to the issue...If it's not showing the normal text just 2 options come to my mind:

A) Could be related to the fact that you don't have any avionics stuff related on.

Per example, if you start flight simulator with a C172 cold and dark, you can connect to VATSIM with Squawkbox, however you will have the same problem you are finding since the master avionics or batteries of the aircraft are off. Please make sure you're testing with everything set up

B)FSUIPC could not being sending correctly the FS information to SB. In that case please make a update of the FSUIPC from this link depending of your flight simulator version: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

I hope it helps

Duarte Folgado

2.png1106197.png

Martin Cumming 1026602
Posted
Posted

You might have nailed it. My overhead is suspiciously dark - I was going to sort that out after SB issue. I recently had the computer out to install an additional graphics card. Things never go well once cables have been messed with.

I'll keep you informed. Many thanks.

Martin

Duarte  Folgado 1106197
Posted
Posted

Sure, no problem. In my opinion to be safe I would test it with a default FS aircraft with everything set up.

Duarte Folgado

2.png1106197.png

Martin Cumming 1026602
Posted
Posted

Hi Duarte and others

My inability to use SB is undoubtably due to the fact that my master switch is not functioning. I am using FDS's Overhead and have just replaced the Master switch Electric USB cable which was faulty. My hope was that this would resolve the issue but not so - my complete o/h is dead.. The panel lights are ok but the warning lights do not. I have tried to turn on the Master switch by keying shifT M but this does nothing.

I am hoping for some suggestion as to what I should be looking for!!

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

are you able to do it on the aircraft panel itself in the sim with your mouse?

Martin Cumming 1026602
Posted
Posted

Yes I can and with key press. Both change fs but do nothing for the o/h master switch.....

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

try and work on one issue at a time, otherwise itll drive ya mad lol. is this a full sim or just extra panels you have hooked up to your pc? if its something you can disconnect, do so, load the default cessna, press CTRL + E. itll power up the aircraft, login with squawkbox and test if that works, that way we can atleast know squawkbox is working as it should, then start adding your panels back

Martin Cumming 1026602
Posted
Posted

It's a full Sim. Yes, I'll try that tomorrow - should be interesting. Thanks for your help. Watch this space!

Martin Cumming 1026602
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good morning!

I have the Cessna on screen with master switch on but a warning light saying voltage is low. Unable to start. Mixture on full, fuel in the tanks. Can you help with getting this started!

Regards

Edited by Guest

Martin Cumming 1026602
Posted
Posted

If you follow the posts you will see it is SB related. The last post advised me to start with a Cessna and test for SB there. I need advice as to how to get the plane going. I am relying on Ernesto to continue with the valuable help he has been giving

Martin Cumming 1026602
Posted
Posted

Ernesto

I used another default plane which was running on start up. Tried SB and it was working! Where does that leave me with my other problems. Do I have to go to another heading now? In my sim the master switch turns nothing on which explains I think why I cannot use SB.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Yep that at least confirms squawkbox is working correctly. It does require your aircraft to be powered up though, thats why it wont work right without you being able to do it on your panel

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Martin,

It started off appearing that way however has since morphed into another issue. I guarantee without SB that the error still manifests itself.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg