You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What to do next?

Davids Geikins 1258650

Davids Geikins 1258650
Posted
Posted

Hello, I realy wan,t to get an S1 controller status, but lately I,m having problems. :/ I p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed my theory exam and now just don,t know what to do next! I sended a mentor, and asked how long it will take to accept it? I got an answer which was: Sir there are 50 people ahead of you to get there mentors accepted... so i waited 1 mounth and still nothing has done.. Can someone realy help?? Don,t know what to do next, and realy wan,t to be a controller! Thank you for the smallest help. P.s my mentor was deleated automaticly today. With respect, Dave...

Kris Thomson
Posted
Posted

Hi Davids,

Your request is showing in our system and will be picked up when a mentor can match availability to you in the system. If you are free in the evenings it will increase the chance of your session being picked up as most of our mentors have work/school commitments during the day.

Kris

Kris Thomson C1

CTP Planning Team member

VATSIM UK Live! Organiser

Follow VATSIM UK Live! on Twitter

34.png

Davids Geikins 1258650
Posted
Posted

Okay, so If I will change the avalible time for my mentor, then I will get the mentor?? It would be awsome! Can you accept my mentor, or do you know someone wich dose?

Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Our mentoring operates as close to 'first come, first served' as possible - meaning that when you put in a request, that puts you into the queue and you move up as the people above you have sessions. If you keep availability in the RTS system along with your session request, it'll get picked up. The better you can match your availability to the UK peak times, the better the chance that someone will be able to accept your sessions.

In your case I had a look at the logs to see your session request history and I noticed that you've cancelled your session and requested it again multiple times. You should avoid doing this as your session request determines your point in the queue. By cancelling it, your next one goes in again at the bottom. So my advice is: keep putting in availability (UK peak time is preferable) and make sure you don't cancel your request.

Keep up the availability, hope to see you with an S1 soon!

Davids Geikins 1258650
Posted
Posted

LOOOL. Thank you for help, and I hope my self that I will be able to get my S1 soon.. Chears mate...