You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TAAATS Maestro config file

David Saunders 818672

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

I would like some help understand these if possible

I would like a little help with an explanation of some of your fields in the CFG file.

[MAESTRO SECTORS]

EGLL:LAM:LOGAN

i believe these are as follows

EGLL - Airport

LAM - the FIX that everything goes to, and then LOGAN feeds LAM

next section a little confused

[MAESTRO FF RWY RULES]

LAM:A:27L

LAM:L:27R

LAM:A:09L

LAM:L:09R

I am [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming this is something like LAM is the FIX, 27L / R etc are the runways, but no idea what the A or L stands for

[MAESTRO FF DISTANCES]

LAM:27L-30.0:27R-30.0:09L-30.0:09R-30.0

this i am [Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming is the distances from LAM to the selected runways runway

and finally

I have managed to get it working sort of but the timings dont seem to match up, so to me feels like i am missing the point somewhere. I cant find any docomeentation to explain what the config is and how to set it up. I would also appreciate any help when it gets to the colours of the aircraft on the Maestro box, i think as it is calculating they change to yellow, and when it is worked out then it changes to white.

The 2 numbers on the list to the left or right of the Callsign, i think they are mins early or something to do with that but again cant find out anything written about it.

non-discript self importance signature

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Hi David.

Your best bet would be to try contact Jake Saw at VATPAC, he was the one that wrote the TAAATS mod for euroscope.

FWIW, when we employ a flow controller at Vatpac we don't use this software we just use a spreadsheet. It's my understanding that the software is not completed, and the writer landed a job as an air traffic controller, and has run out of time.

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

David Zhong
Posted
Posted

These are some notes I wrote on Maestro a while ago. Since we never actually got Maestro to work for us at events (as Kirk mentioned, the spreadsheet works better since it doesn't crash), I haven't looked at Maestro for a while so I may or may not be able to answer any questions about these notes.

Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30534061/vatpac/Maestro%20notes.doc

One thing to note about Maestro that I don't think is in my notes: All aircraft are expected to fly 250 knots or less from the feeder fix unless there is a "+" next to the aircraft which means "high speed". In that case, there is no speed restriction until 10000FT and even then it would probably be a good idea to cancel that restriction too. The "+" basically means get the guy down as quick as possible so that the aircraft behind have less delay.

Also, you'll want to use "Offline" mode as the server that was used for this, I believe, is no longer running. In any case, no one has a login.

As for the config file...

[MAESTRO SECTORS] are the sectors that deal with the arrival manager. Each sector gets a "sector" page in Maestro that displays the feeder fix target times for each aircraft on the ladder. There is also a "runway" page that the Flow controller and Approach/Director controllers use that shows the runway target time. The format is ::: The SectorID doesn't have to match what is in Euroscope.

[MAESTRO FF RWY RULES] gives the rules for automatically [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning runways. Maestro does not read the runway [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned in Euroscope (from what I can tell, the real Maestro doesn't read that from Eurocat either). The format is :: where is A:All, L:Light, H:Heavy. I don't know exactly how Maestro determines whether or not an aircraft falls into the Light or Heavy categories, but it shouldn't be the Wake Turbulence Category.

[MAESTRO FF DISTANCES] gives the average track miles from the feeder fix to the threshold. Obviously at places like Sydney and Heathrow, this is going to vary because aircraft get vectored. At places like Melbourne where there is a solid system of STARs, this is just the STAR distance.

[MAESTRO TMA CONFIGS] gives the acceptance rates. The format is ::<???>:--:-:-. SecPerArr is seconds per arrival.

David Zhong

David Saunders 818672
Posted
Posted

Thank you, that is exactly what i wanted, i have managed to get it to work, just needed clarification of some of the fields, ie the times and feeder fixes

non-discript self importance signature