You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Trying to find the right stuff!

Alec Stelloh 969122

Alec Stelloh 969122
Posted
Posted

Hello guys! I'm looking to take advantage of these upcoming holiday sales to upgrade my PC. I have been stuck running FS9 still because every time I go to run FSX it just doesn't perform for me!

I am mainly interested in finding what type/kind of processor can I fit/put into my PC. I am fairly confident I can pick out a graphics card and ram, although all suggestions/tips are appreciated.

When I bought/built/upgraded this PC I thought it would be enough to run FSX but it just wont even with no addons and all the tweaks done!

Here are my current specs.

PC Manufacturer: ASUStek

PC Model: CM1740

Chipset: AMD K12 Bridge

Southbridge: AMD A55/A60M

LPCIO: ITE IT8728

Processor: AMD E2-3200 with Radeon HD Graphics 2.4 GHz (Socket FM1 (905))

Bios: American Megatrends Inc. 0803, 2/7/2012

SMBIOS Version: 2.6

Memory(RAM): 8.00GB

Graphics Card: Geforce GT 610

If you need any other information to help or give a tip please let me know.

I really would like to know what type of processor can I upgrade to and which is recommended that would be compatable with my PC.

Also if you had my gear which things would you upgrade to get better performance.

Also to save some time please don't comment saying "Just get a new pc or build a new one." because yes I know a brand new computer would be better, but as of right now its not in my budget or interest.

I'm just looking to upgrade what I have so I can run FSX with it looking good and running smooth. Also I would plan on running payware addons if I run FSX, because I wouldn't bother just running FSX stock because I have so many addons for FS9 that would make it better than flying default FSX.