You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Go Seahawks!!!!

Jeff Turner

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted

Super Bowl TFR: 02.05.06 - 02.06.06

Thu, 02 Feb '06

NOTAM Number: FDC 6/1310

Issue Date: February 02, 2006 at 13:17 UTC

Beginning Date and Time: February 05, 2006 at 21:00 UTC

Ending Date and Time: February 06, 2006 at 4:59 UTC

Reason for NOTAM: The National Football League Super Bowl

Type: Security

Replaced NOTAM(s): N/A

Pilots May Contact: Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) System Operations Support Center, 202-267-3333

Affected Area(s)

Area A

Airspace Definition:

TFR Center: 42�20'25"N/83�02'43"W

Radius: 30 nautical miles

Altitude: From the surface up to but not including FL(180)

Effective Date(s):

February 05, 2006 at 21:00 UTC (February 05, 2006 at 16:00 EST) - February 06, 2006 at 4:59 UTC (February 05, 2006 at 23:59 EST)

Area B

Airspace Definition:

TFR Center: 42�20'25"N/83�02'43"W

Radius: 10 nautical miles

Altitude: From the surface up to but not including FL(180)

Effective Date(s):

February 05, 2006 at 21:00 UTC (February 05, 2006 at 16:00 EST) - February 06, 2006 at 4:59 UTC (February 05, 2006 at 23:59 EST)

Operating Restrictions and Requirements

No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).

Except as specified below excluding Canadian airspace:

A. All aircraft operations within a 10 NMR area listed above are prohibited except for:

1. Approved law enforcement, military aircraft, emergency medical flights in direct contact with ATC and are squawking an [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ign discrete beacon code.

2. Commercial p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]enger, private charter and all-cargo carriers operating under one of the following TSA-approved standard security programs/procedures: Aircraft Operator Standard Security Program (AOSSP), Domestic Security Integration Program (DSIP), Twelve Five Standard Security Program (TFSSP), Private Charter Standard Security Program (PCSSP), All-Cargo International Security Procedure (ACISP), or Model Security Program (MSP) and are arriving into and/or departing from 49 CFR Part 1542.

3. Except as authorized in Part C.

B. Within the airspace between 10 NMR and 30 NMR listed above:

1. All aircraft entering or exiting the 30 NM radius TFR must be on an active IFR or VFR flight plan with a discrete code [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned by an Air Traffic Control (ATC) facility. Aircraft must be squawking the discrete code prior to departure and at all times while in the TFR.

2. All aircraft entering or exiting the 30 NM radius TFR must remain in two-way radio communications with ATC.

3. All aircraft operating within the 10 to 30 NM radius TFR and operating at altitudes of up to but not including FL180 are limited to aircraft arriving or departing local air- fields and ATC may authorize transit operations. Aircraft may not loiter.

4. Flight training, practice instrument approaches, aerobatic flight, glider operations, parachute operations, ultralight, hang gliding, balloon operations, agriculture/crop dusting, animal population control flight operations, and banner towing operations are not authorized.

C. Detroit metropolitan (DTW) arrivals/departures are authorized under the following conditions:

1. Be on an active IFR flight plan with a discrete code [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned by ATC.

2. Remain in two-way radio communications with ATC.

D. Aircraft operators who have previously received waivers under NOTAM 3/1862 must reapply. All waiver applications are subject to the provisions identified in Section 521 of Public Law 108-199. Applications can be obtained from the FAA website at http://waiver.tfr.faa.gov

E. FAA recommends that all aircraft operators check NOTAMS frequently for possible changes to this TFR prior to operations within this region.

Note that a similar temporary flight restriction has been established in adjacent Canadian airspace. See Canadian NOTAMS.

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Ethan Klapper 884347
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the TFR post.

I too will be rooting for the Seahawks...but you might run into some trouble if a Steelers fan runs into this post!

Ethan Klapper

VATUSA13

VATUSA Deputy Events Director

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

lifetime seahawks fan we finally got one hooah!!

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

Yeah that means a lot.

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Paul Biderman
Posted
Posted

I've been a 'Hawks fan since the days of Zorn & Largent. I think the Bus will have a flat today!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

Paul Biderman
ZAN DATM

Manuel Hernandez 923212
Posted
Posted

I am a die hard Cowboy Fan!!! But I am glad to see the Hawks make it in one!! Hope the SeaChickens win!!!

Manuel Hernandez DVA2569

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]t Director of Human Resources

Delta Virtual Airlines

www.deltava.org

Lance Williams
Posted
Posted

You mean the Vikes are out?

Thank you,

Lance W.

ndbair_logo_150.png

Hundreds of Real-World Airlines and Routes for you to fly at www.ndbair.com

5000seconds.jpg

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted
You mean the Vikes are out?

Do they still have a team?

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Norm Hare 907837
Posted
Posted

I can't believe all you people would be behind a team that is from Washington state....afterall, isn't that where Microsoft has it's headquarters? ....but then again, there is no such thing as a Seahawk, which makes it a perfect selection for a virtual community.

Ethan Klapper 884347
Posted
Posted

Geez...no Steelers fans doing a victory march?

By far the worst superbowl EVER!!!

Ethan Klapper

VATUSA13

VATUSA Deputy Events Director

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted
Geez...no Steelers fans doing a victory march?

By far the worst superbowl EVER!!!

I thought it was a good game, some calls maybe I wouldn't have made, but I'm no ref

FedEx's commercial was halarious!

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

i hate refs bad...coaches should officiate games =DDD

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

Steelers won 21-10, I was pulling for them, mainly because I had a bunch of $$$ riding on them winning by 4+ points, which - after some bad judgmental calls by the refs the Steelers pulled though.

And I am much richer!

pilot.gif

3712.png

Matthew Kramer
Posted
Posted

Bad ref calls? I would not say so. The ref has to make a call, and if it is reviewd then he has to find that the call can be overturned by "more than a reasonable doubt".

Anyway, the Seahawks can't tell time, that was their true flaw. At the end of both the 2nd and 4th quarters they stood around like idiots! Easily they could have won that game.

But, whatever.

ZLA DATM, I1

Edward McCoy 904185
Posted
Posted
Bad ref calls? I would not say so. The ref has to make a call, and if it is reviewd then he has to find that the call can be overturned by "more than a reasonable doubt".

Anyway, the Seahawks can't tell time, that was their true flaw. At the end of both the 2nd and 4th quarters they stood around like idiots! Easily they could have won that game.

But, whatever.

Yea your right they could've won the game..... if it wasen't for every huge play being called back. I think the officals definately had their heads somewhere else,

Edward J. McCoy

Albuquerque ARTCC DATM

Isaac Niedrauer 947516
Posted
Posted

What ARTCC won the "SuperBowl" in the DTW Event?

Clear Skies,

Isaac Niedrauer

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

But, whatever.

Yea your right they could've won the game..... if it wasen't for every huge play being called back. I think the officals definately had their heads somewhere else,

i wouldnt go as far as to change the outcome of the game with those calls definatly that lame o p[Mod - Happy Thoughts] interference in the end zone wouldve changed things but there were many questionable holding penalties and other things that the refs didnt really seam to do right but the seahawks did managae to have all kinds of poor clock management some quetionable play calls and i still dont know what happend to the energy they came out with in the 1st quarter but we will get them next yr unless mike holmgren decides not to resign the leagues MVP....