You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VFR anyone?

Patrick Smith 1243571

Patrick Smith 1243571
Posted
Posted (edited)

Greetings! I know vatsim is geared more towards IFR flying but sometimes a little site seeing is nice. I think it would be cool to get a group of people to fly together in prop planes in and out of smaller fields. I usually fly in the orbx pnw regions but I would be happy to fly anywhere with other people. Unfortunately I'm only able to fly on weekdays from about 2 till 4 pacific time (2200 to 2400 Z). So if anybody is interested in buzzing around with some company in the sky, email me and we'll get working on the preflight!

Patrick

[email protected]

Edited by Guest

Steve Kirks 1252923
Posted
Posted
...I think it would be cool to get a group of people to fly together in prop planes in and out of smaller fields...

http://seaartcc.net/vatschedule/showevent.php?event_id=400

Did a quick Google search for VATSIM Seattle and saw this link on the ZSE main page...

Steve

Steve Kirks

ZME S2 Usually MEM_TWR

ZLA I-3 rated pilot

Usually on as:

FDX4345 in a PMDG 777

N533ET in a Pilatus PC-12

N323VB in a Lancair Legacy

1252923.png

Patrick Smith 1243571
Posted
Posted

Thanks Steve! I saw that too but unfortunately I can only really fly during the work week in the afternoon. Which is a bummer because all the cool events are in the evenings and on weekends...

Steve Kirks 1252923
Posted
Posted
Thanks Steve! I saw that too but unfortunately I can only really fly during the work week in the afternoon. Which is a bummer because all the cool events are in the evenings and on weekends...

I usually only have brief times during the early morning and late evening Central time. I would like to do something like this, but I'm in the same boat as you. Your times are 4PM to 6PM and I'm in a car commuting during that window. Wish I was in a plane...

Steve Kirks

ZME S2 Usually MEM_TWR

ZLA I-3 rated pilot

Usually on as:

FDX4345 in a PMDG 777

N533ET in a Pilatus PC-12

N323VB in a Lancair Legacy

1252923.png