You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Locks up within seconds

Michael Clark 1274089

Michael Clark 1274089
Posted
Posted

Hello, I have been using flight simulator since SubLogic days. I am a commercial, multi instrument pilot with over 2,000 hours. I lost my medical certificate last year due to medical problems. I wanted to join a virtual airline so I joined VATSIM. Read all the instructions, followed the instructions as best as I could but every time I start VATSIM, my computer locks up. I have a very stable HP CPU with 8GB of RAM. I am running FSX but can't seem to get anywhere. The simulator runs perfectly until I start VATSIM via "Add-ons". I tried turning down the level of graphics detail to near nothing, I used text only to simplify the connection... One time, I popped up on an airport and received taxi instructions from a VATSIM controller, I complied, of course, and the computer locked up. What the heck is wrong? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

Instead of running FSInn from the addon menu, try running it externally after you start FSX. StartMenu/FSFDT/FSInnUI

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

see if the error report says "uiautomationcore.dll". thats a known FSX issue and can be fixed