You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Flight Simulator In Greece

George Atsid 1276200

George Atsid 1276200
Posted
Posted

Good Morning Guys,

I've been flying with simulators since 1998. A few days ago i was in Canada where i had the chance to live the as real as it gets experience inside a non motion 737 1:1 SIMULATOR. Thats how i decided to start the same bussiness in Greece.

I would really like to know your opinion. I'm thinking about starting an A320 Simulator in Greece. I haven't decided yet if it will full motion or NON motion simulator but i can [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ure that the experience is way better than flying behind your laptop or desktop.

Let me know what do you think about it.

Jean-Louis Leborne
Posted
Posted

[....] the experience is way better than flying behind your laptop or desktop

I can confirm that flying a real simulator, even non-motion, is a "Once in a lifetime experience".

Last Oct. 23rd, I was lucky enough, as pilot in command, to take controls of the real Concorde Simulator Simulator ! There is only 1 operational Concorde Simulator in the world and it’s at Brooklands Museum, UK. This simulator is the same one on which BAW crew themselves trained…

If you want to have a look on my 31 page .pdf Engilsh feedback doc that is the translation of the original French doc I wrote when I return form UK, just click the following link :

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=63077

or that one directly : http://goo.gl/rxLqFl

Enjoy ! and let me know if you feel like trying someday

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Make a good and brutally honest business case! You know about Greece's unfortunate state of economy. Will there be enough potential customers with so much money to spare?

In Germany we have a situation where the market is more than saturated with these SIMs, they are everywhere. I have no idea whether they are able to operate profitably or not.

George Atsid 1276200
Posted
Posted

Andreas Fuchs: You are right my friend. That's what i'm thinking also. That's why i'm spending too many hours considering if it is going to work out in Greece or not because of the crisis. Forsure the price for the public will be kept Low. Approximately the price for 1 Hour will be kept to 50 Euros. It's usually 30 minutes training and instructions and 30 minutes of flying. That's how it works usually.

Jean-Louis Leborne: Thank you very much for your interest. I will propably visit in the future that concorde simulator.

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi George,

50 EUR per hours seems way too low and unrealistic. Most operators in Germany charge around 150 EUR per hour of time in the SIM. The amount also includes a pre-flight briefing and a post-flight briefing.

Andreas Dermitzakis 121021
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Even though it is a very nice initiative,i think that you should post this under the Hellenic vACC's Forum which can be found under http://www.hvacc.org/board .In Greece there is no such a simulator yet,so it might become quite famous.However,in order to be a success i would suggest you to build it in a Major City like Athens keeping the price low.As Andreas states above,Greece is in a deep financial crisis,so if i were you i would think about it twice.

Yours,

Andreas

Andreas Dermitzakis

Deputy Region Director, VATSIM Europe

Abk76lz.png