You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

What about the hexagon?

Paul Georges Rodrigues Mil

Posted
Posted

Few weeks ago I discovered VATSIM. That made a lot of changes to my virtual flights... and only to repeat... as real as it gets... England is a great country to fly in... Loads of staffed fields to fly from and to... Naturally my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ion had to cross the channel (as I am french!... leaving in the U.K.) and then... stupefaction!... damn... no opened positions... very few , should I say!...

Being also a STU Controller I sent an email to request the procedure to get invited as a controller and, maybe, open a position at a minor airfield... To this day I didn't receive any reply... and I must say that I hope that more positions will open in the future to make flying even more real and exciting...

And if I can be of any help... just let me know...

Paul...

Jeff Clark
Posted
Posted

Paul,

The team at vacc-France is starting to grow back from a "dry period" where there weren't very many controllers online, and some staffing problems.

I know that the new team there would be very interested in your interest in helping out at France. The best way to contact them might actually be their Forum, which you can get to at http://www.vacc-france.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=index

There are also certain nights of the week which are more popular than others. You may want to try logging in at the weekend which seems more staffed. Personally, I tend to log onto Paris Control on Friday evenings, and would be happy to help you get started if you log on at that time.

Regards,

Jeff Clark

Posted
Posted

Hi Jeff,

First of all, thank you for your quick answer. I will log onto ASRC after 1900Z next Friday evening... and TeamSpeak... Many thanks again... and see you soon.

Regards

Paul.