You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Latest File For Moncton?

Aharon Dayan

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

I just read in new December issue of AIRPORTS OF THE WORLD magazine saying that Moncton airport's runway had been extended from 6,500 ft to 10,000 ft 2 months ago.

I am wondering if any of you know if there is latest FSX file or update for this airport that will reflect the runway distance extension?

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

When I have a chance, I will look at the charts and I can create an AFCAD for this.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

VATSIM: P1|C3

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Will it be available for public use or will it be restricted only to your VA's pilots?

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

No it will be for public use. I will post it on AVSIM and/or FlightSim.com.

I should get a chance to work on it over the holidays.

Regards,

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

• Board of Governors
Tim Barber
Posted
Posted

Simaddons has provided an update for their commercial scenery of this product.

Tim Barber

VATSIM President

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Marc,

Thanks Much appreciated Looking forward to your file update for Moncton so that I can bring heavies to Montcon!!

According to the magazine's interview with Montcon airport authorities, Montcon decided to extend the runway to 10,000 ft in hope to bring international traffic from abroad but I think the only traffic that will be increased is from more cargo flights due to the fact that they can use heavies to bring in or to fly out more cargo depending what Montcon is importing or exporting.

Plus Moncton will become reliable airport for emergency landings for wide body planes flying from West Coast to Europe or back.

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

Moncton has the same problem as Halifax: The provinces just do not have the populAtion to support international travel. If you want to travel to Europe from Halifax or Moncton, you'll have to fly to Toronto first. Even to go from Halifax to Montreal, (until porter) you had to go to Toronto first, then backtrack

BE4SQyR.jpg

“Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving.”

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
Moncton has the same problem as Halifax: The provinces just do not have the populAtion to support international travel.

This is precisely why I predict increase in cargo traffic with increased use of wide body cargo planes taking advantage of new 10,000 ft runway.

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted
Simaddons has provided an update for their commercial scenery of this product.
im,

Funny you mentioned that. Today I decided to browse Simsaddons website to see if there is nice Canadian airport scenery for me to buy for my belated Chanukah gift. I was surprised to see on the product list one of sceneries that charges people TEN BUCKS just for 10,000 ft runway extension for CYHZ Halifax airport scenery!!!

If I see any software company charging 10 bucks just just just for simple runway extension for the scenery, I will never do business with that software company!! If any software company charges 10 bucks for CYHZ scenery owners for release of new version featuring lots lots of additional features to replace the older version, I would understand and accept the 10 buck upgrade fee BUT 10 bucks JUST for one feature which is to extend one runway to 10,000 feet??? NO THANKS

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

• 2 weeks later...
Robbie Nauffts 1045788
Posted
Posted

SimAddons is the only developer working in the maritimes and eastern provinces of Canada. Based on what I've used so far (see my screen shots) and being a resident of Halifax, the scenery is a must have for me and worth every penny. It's meticulously done and I can't wait to get the small fields pack that adds 26 airports for 30 bucks. Just over a dollar per airport.

If you don't want to spend the money, that's no reason to slam the company. They may have "overcharged" for the expansion, but there are deals over the entire site.

BE4SQyR.jpg

“Aviation is not inherently dangerous, but it is terribly unforgiving.”

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

BUT ten bucks just for extension of runway to 10,000 ft???? There are such no software companies that would charge you ten bucks for that. Many software companies never charge for addition of taxiways OR change of runway heading marks on runways.

For example, Aerosoft posts free update file to change runway from 14 to 15 and from 32 to 33 for PANC. Also UK2000 posted free update to add few gates for Heathrow airport.

If Simaddon announces new update that features NOT only runway extension but ALSO many taxiways, many buildings, many hangers, and many new gates, I would be more than happy to cough off ten bucks for that update.

BUT 10 bucks for simple extension of runway to 10,000 ft??? No thanks.

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

• 3 weeks later...
Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

Any chance for update fix for FSX default Moncton scenery to extend to 10,000 ft, please?

Also, FSX default CYHZ Halifax does not have new 10,000 ft runway extension too Just took off for flight to CYYZ from CYHZ last night for VATCAN event of CYYZ/CYUL and managed to lift off before runway ended because I did not realize that I did not have 10,000 ft runway for CYHZ.

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Marc Wheeler
Posted
Posted

It is on my todo list, but that list is quite long and will most likely be a while before I can get to it.

CXA001-1.jpgspacer.png

Aharon Dayan
Posted
Posted

No problem Take time please

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png