You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PSS B777 Download

Randy Tyndall 1087023

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I have the Wilco Feelthere B777 and the Overland Simmersky B777 and honestly I am not completely happy with either one. I have always heard the PSS 777 was by far and away the better T7 to have, but Phoenix Simulations went out of business years ago. However, when you "google" PSS 777 download the link goes to a download for the Just Flight 777 Professional.

Are these one and the same?

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

They are the same.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

PSS is not dead. Justflight bought the rights to their products. PSS was restarted afterwards by the owners son as Blackbox Simulations. so you can pretty much get it from justflight (at a higher price) or blackbox (think theyve started selling the 777 already)

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

BBS is made up of both Graham and his son Ant - i.e. the same two guys behind PSS.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys, I appreciate the quick response. Oh, Ernesto, JF is selling the boxed or download version for USD $30.00 and BBS has their download for 25 Euro which at the current exchange rate comes out to USD $34 and change. So, given that, which would you get?

[Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming the one from BBS is identical to the one from JF the Just Flight version is the better buy seems to me. Talking FS9 here, not FSX.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

and to think PSS had it for just $10 months before closing man do i miss those days

think justflight added a few things to it like the payload manager, not 100% on what each added to it from the original

if anything, contact BBS, some of their stuff i believe are totally new works, not just the old models

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Taking your advice Ernesto, I emailed Black Box Sims asking about their product versus the one available at JustFlight and to date have had no response. Seems I read elsewhere in the forums that others were having difficulty with BBS support as well. Maybe no answer is my answer.

However, it is the holiday season so maybe a little more time before deciding?

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

• 3 weeks later...
Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

Well, I waited for 2 weeks after the holidays and nothing from BBS despite an email and two followups. Felt that was sufficient, although I don't know for sure given their locale.

I bought the PSS B777 Professional through JustFlight today and after a few orientation flights I am much happier with it in FS2004 than I was with either the Wilco or Overland B777 in FSX. It was still $30.95 USD through them (and approximately $36.00 in USD through BBS).

Overall, I'm happy...heck, I had more payware and addon scenery for FS2004 anyway.

Thanks for all the info and advice.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI