You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Hearing ATC Through Headset

Nathan Isaacson 1258087

Nathan Isaacson 1258087
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I recently acquired a new headset (Logitech G35) with a microphone. In the audio settings for XSquawkBox, I have set the input to this headset, but there is no option to set the output to the same headset. It connects to my computer via USB, not the headphone outlet. If possible, I would like to see if I can get the ATC voice to come through the headset but the plane (i.e. engines, weather, ground contact, etc.) to come through my bluetooth speaker. Currently, the plane and ATC voice comes through the speaker, and the only way to get the ATC to come through my headset is to connect a different headset into my headphone outlet, wear that over my ears and put the headset with the microphone over my neck so I can still use the mic. All a bit confusing

P.S. Even if I set the output/input to come through the G35s in my system preferences, the ATC voice still doesn't come through on X-Plane. Also: I am running X-Plane 9.7 on a Mac - OS X Lion 10.7.5.

Edited by Guest