XSquawkbox 64bits Linux

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I heard of a workaround to start a second 32bit X-Plane session beside the 64 bit session and to login to vatsim via the 32bit session while flying in the 64bit session.

Does anybody know, whether such setup really works and how this setup looks like in detail?

I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume, that the linux support for xsquawkbox was inofficially ceased. I couldn't even find any update info on the linux development process anywhere. Maybe such a setup is an accetable workaround.

Best regards

Boris

An admin at x-plane.org wrote that there where more than 20 developers working on XSquawkbox.

I'm sure Wade will appreciate the complement.

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

• 3 weeks later...
Bumpity bump. Don't know if it is appropriate to post here but while I wait, I have discovered that x-IvAp supports 64bit Linux (including voice comms but for manual channel switching).

Are you saying that voice on Linux 64bits now works with x-IvAp. The last time I looked, December 2013, voice didn't work at IVAO. I could only use the text mode.

Bumpity bump. Don't know if it is appropriate to post here but while I wait, I have discovered that x-IvAp supports 64bit Linux (including voice comms but for manual channel switching).

Are you saying that voice on Linux 64bits now works with x-IvAp. The last time I looked, December 2013, voice didn't work at IVAO. I could only use the text mode.

Hi, not exactly. xIvap does not properly interact with TeamSpeak2 in Linux, however I am able to use voice comms by running TS2 in 64bit Ubuntu, manually switching frequencies.

Getting TS2 to run in 64bit was feat onto itself, solution detailed here:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthread.php/82437-Installation-on-Ubuntu-12-04-64bits

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...