You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New Monitor and FSX

Carlyle  Miller 1140848

Carlyle  Miller 1140848
Posted
Posted

I hope someone can help me. I received a new 39" Insigna monitor/TV which I am using with FSX. The monitor resolution is 1768/992. The scenery graphics is now grainy and not clear.

I have tried many different settings in FSX and with the monitor. Nothing works. Can someone offer a solution to this issue? Thank you in advance.

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

There is a display resolution setting in FSX Graphics Settings dialog, can you confirm you set that to 1768x992x32? And, what are your filtering and Anti-aliasing settings? What cable are you using between the computer and the TV? And finally, if you are using an nVidia card, are you using one of the recommended nvidia inspector settings that can be found on one of the simforums or avsim forums?

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Carlyle  Miller 1140848
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your response

I have FSX set to 1768X992X32

I have the anti-aliasing unchecked

I have the filtering set to triliniar

I am using an HDMI cable

I installed and followed the recomended settings for the nvidia inspector

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

You can try enabling the anti-aliasing just to check, but other than that, I had a similar experience when plugging in the HDMI cable. I had to switch to a DVI cable when one of the monitors, not TVs, I use currently was connected with a HDMI cable. I am looking to get a 40" LED too, but i was afraid of what you are seeing and that's why I haven't done it yet. Granted, I was able to hook up one of my home LCD TVs and connect via HDMI with no issues. I am wondering if the settings in the inspector might require different values for a HDMI cable.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

Carlyle  Miller 1140848
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your response. Do I need to run the Nvidia Inspector while using FSX?

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted
Thank you for your response. Do I need to run the Nvidia Inspector while using FSX?

No, it just changes the settings that the driver uses when it detects particular software.

When you mean grainy and not clear, do you mean that AA is disabled, or something different?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.