You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX CTD during approach or after landing

Sora Chang 1103306

Sora Chang 1103306
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi guys, this is my second post on FSX crashing (First one on VATSIM FB group), I have tried uiautomationcore fix but it ruins my 64bit Windows 8, the Windows search function is not working and the Windows Chinese word processing become malfunction. So i put my original dll back and my PC is fine now. The crash normally happens when there is sudden increase in stuff to load, like I crashed once when i zoom out using top down view, and particularly the FSX Taxi mission (Beginner level) when switching between aircraft. Here is the detail of the error:

Windows 8 64bit

i7 4702MQ

GT750M

8GB x1 RAM

FSX Acceleration

Error Log:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe

C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.8428_none_d08a11e2442dc25d\MSVCR80.dll

What should i do, I have tried using the command prompt to rename the second file with no success

Thank you everyone

Sora

Update on #3

Edited by Guest

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Hi Sora,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Can you confirm that you are running your pilot client (if SB or FSInn) externally (i.e. from the Start Menu), and not as a module within FSX?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Sora Chang 1103306
Posted
Posted

Hi Don

A friend of mine told me it is a C++ file, i remove the fsx.cfg and let the FSX build a new one for me. Then i took the new one to the "auto-tweak" website to tweak it. The problem successfully solved but a new one pops out

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus X Extended Base\Panel_Fallback\DLLs\FMGS.DLL

I am with Airbus X Extended v1.15 and with a problem on ECAM

http://www.box.com/s/39ri6gc5bve4q05xbq00

This is more common one but i am still finding a way to fix it, I am re installing Airbus X Extended now and will test it tomorrow

BTW, i am running SB externally

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

OK, good that you are running externally. I am afraid I cannot help with the Airbus issue. Good luck!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations