You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

scenery changing

Robert Gilbert 1148357

Robert Gilbert 1148357
Posted
Posted

I recently downloaded a MegaScenery state of Ohio. But my only gripe is the lack of above ground buildings, trees, etc, and the change of seasons.

Is there a way I can change from MegaScenery back to default (FSX) and back again safely without messing something up or losing the MegaScenery?

Thanks for any help. Bob Gilbert

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

you would probably be best asking the developer on their support forum/email to be sure

all photoreal ground textures, free or payware tend to eliminate autogen though as the autogen cant be adjusted to match the photoreal textures, unforunately. so you pretty much have to choose one or the other.

there might eventually be some day where a developer adds the actual buildings as well to the photoreal scenery, instead of using autogen, but thats a ton of work that is probably beyond any single team. would be good if they did something like google earth and let the users submit their models to be placed though.

Randy Tyndall 1087023
Posted
Posted

I have Megascenery Pacific Northwest. The installer added it to addon scenery in my system. To uninstall portions I did not want I simply remove the checkmark that installs it on startup. Should work for you. You can pick and choose what you want to have displayed.

Randy

Randy Tyndall - KBOI

ZLA I-11/vACC Portugal P4

“A ship is always safe in the harbor. But that’s not why they build ships” --Michael Bevington ID 814931, Former VATSIM Board of Governors Vice President of Pilot Training