You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to login with eventual "disconnected" response

Christopher Cody 1229111

Christopher Cody 1229111
Posted
Posted

I am running X plane 9.7 on an XP machine with a wireless router. I have set exceptions in Windows firewall for X palane and Xsqwakbox. I have double checked my user name and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. When I attempt to connect I receive a message "connecting". Nothing happens. After 20-25 seconds I receive a message "disconnected". Does this suggest any further steps I can take to connect?

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

I'm not too familiar with XSquawkbox, but what server are you attempting to connect to?

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Christopher Cody 1229111
Posted
Posted

I try each of the servers listed (USA-W, USA-N, USA-E, Europe-CC, and Europe-CE, Oceana, and UK).

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

try and ping the servers. not sure if xsquawkbox would return a specific error or just say disconnect, but check your login details as well

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm also not familiar with XSB, but a common issue, in addition to Windows Firewall, is other antivirus software. Suggest troubleshooting by disabling any other antivirus software and seeing if that works. If you can connect, check your software to see if you can add XSB as an exception.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations