You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnections

Phill Irwin 933421

Phill Irwin 933421
Posted
Posted

I hope someone can help ,when on vatsim i constantly get disconnected.The error is always "time out protocol error".I have reduced my frame rates to 20,reduced seeing other aircraft to 5nm plus many other to numerous to mention.Any help would be appreciated cheers Phill

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Phil,

Which server are you connected to at the time?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Phill Irwin 933421
Posted
Posted

Vatsim /Oceana

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Can you try another server at all Phill? Does the same thing occur?

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Phill Irwin 933421
Posted
Posted

Hi Norman thanks for the help,yes same thing i have tried them all at one time or another.I have bigpond adsl connected to an network card not via an usb,i am replacing the network card on wednesday & then doing some flight on vatsim to see if it fixed the problem.If not i will connect via usb & try again.As far as tweaks in frame rates & SQBOX i am at a loss.I have had a tech see the disconnections below are hes finding so far..

---------------------------------------------------------

So the situation we have is:

The ADSL modem overheats or crashes and stops you from web-browsing and getting emails

As you were pinging the other computer and re-starting squawkbox, your access was getting progressively worse.

The Auto pinger showed that there were errors in connecting to the server after approx 1 hr of squawkbox being turned on.

Re-starting the auto pinger and squawkbox degraded the network signal to the internet.

So, there’s a problem with the network card, network cable, adsl modem or a software clash or incorrectly installed or setup software, corrupt host/winsock

If we byp[Mod - Happy Thoughts] or replace the network card and you still get kicked off, then it is the modem or software.

Software solution:

Ping the modem

Uninstall/reinstall squawkbox

Disable and reinstall networking software