You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FSX Across Two Monitors

Jamie Brady 1126758

Jamie Brady 1126758
Posted
Posted

Already made a thread about this in the Hardware topic but seemed to be not getting anything from it.

Ok so, I got my new monitor today and fired up FSX and tried to expand it across the two monitors however it's limited. I can drag the window from end to end by FSX is only display about half of each monitor. I want to have FSX fully displayed (wide screen) as if it was in full screen but in window mode. How can I do this?

I'm using 23" ASUS and 24" Samsung

Have no clue what model are they

virgina340flyby1.jpg

1809181.png

Gary Tekulsky 1134195
Posted
Posted

Microsoft has a KB article specifically for this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/240981

Jamie Brady 1126758
Posted
Posted

I tried this but it doesn't seem to work with PMDG's NGX at all. I extend the window to one end to the other end on both monitors and FSX isn't showing anything.

Any idea how to fix this? Could it be memory issue?

virgina340flyby1.jpg

1809181.png

Charan Kumar
Posted
Posted

In the article it says specifically not to stretch it across two monitors. Think of it this way, one cable, one display.

The only way I know it stretches is thru Matrox Triple head to go, that is for 3 monitors, and there the hardware converts it to one big display.

In the article provided, it says, you can detach (undock) windows and move it out of the primary display, that is FMC or one of the panels. You can right click on the panel, undock and move that window(s) to the 2nd monitory, but stretching won't work.

When is your next Flight||VATSIM HitSquad Member, ZOA/ZAK/GANDER/P1

• 2 months later...
Chris La Salle 835050
Posted
Posted

MATROX also makes a two screen version called Dual Head to Go.