You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help! Cannot connect to VATSIM via XSB anymore! XP10

Jason Gardner 1229792

Jason Gardner 1229792
Posted
Posted

Okay so I know there is an expiration date on XSB set for today (2/1/2014) - I learned that when I wasn't able to connect at all to VATSIM. However, I tried downloading and installing the new XSB and I cannot even get XP10 to load without crashing even with the new plugin properly installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times now - download, unextract, drag the contents of the "for plugins folder" to Resources/Plugins...then when I try and start up XP10, I get my plane onto the tarmac and the software crashes. I am not yet ready to reinstall XP10 because it loads fine when I uninstall XSB.

Any advice?

Mathew Sutcliffe
Posted
Posted

Post your C:\X-Plane 10\log.txt file.

swift - Developer

• 2 weeks later...
Reece Hunter
Posted
Posted

This happened to me after I upgraded to the version that removed the expiration date. XPlane crashed for no apparent reason. The log indicates that win.xpl is the culprit. I verified that it is indeed the cause of my headaches by removing it then running XPlane, the 64-bit version. XPlane does run without any issues.

I thought I would experiment so I ran the 32-bit version. It gave me the usual message indicating XPlane crashed the last time it was run. It then gave me the option to reset the rendering defaults or to keep the last setting. I chose to keep the last setting and lo and behold, XPlane 32-bit did not crash. However, I was not content on running XPlane 32-bit although I must admit, I have not paid attention to the difference between the two versions.

I then ran the 64-bit version and to my amazement, it did not crash. I was able to fly an hour and a half flight on VATSIM. I don't know what running the 32-bit version did at the lower level but I was able to run the 64-bit version afterwards.

It may be worth trying Jason. I would be interested to see hear if it worked for you or not.

Reece Hunter

vACC Philippines Chief