You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Invalid CID (after doing automated reactivation)

Rich Heimlich

Rich Heimlich
Posted
Posted (edited)

Back after a long lay-off. I followed the automated re-activation process and was definitely inactive to start. It now says I'm active. However, xsquawkbox is telling me Invalid CID/P[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (6) on every attempt to connect.

I've check my VATSIM ID (891641) and my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (straight from a Gmail I keep archived and that matched what let me log into this forum). I pasted them in, I typed them by hand. No luck.

Is there some sort of delay between reactivation and being able to fly?

Thanks....

Edited by Guest

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if you just reactivated your account, it can take up to 24 hours for the info to completely go through all the servers. try various servers until then, one or more should let you on

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, there is a delay as indicated on the Automated Reactivation page.

It can take up to 24 hours for new or reactivated VATSIM membership records to be flowed to all of the distributed VATSIM servers, as the membership information is flowed to the servers via daily server synchronizations. If, within the first 24 hours, you cannot log onto the server of your choice, you may have to try different servers until you find one that has already been synchronized. You should only open a member support ticked if you still cannot log onto ANY server AFTER 24 hours has elapsed since your reactivation.

You should be up and running in no time. Welcome back!

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Mike Evans
Posted
Posted

Delays should be getting smaller soon..

Mike Evans