You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ERROR: invalid CID/password (6)

Mike Brinker 1212808

Mike Brinker 1212808
Posted
Posted

I have searched the forums and investigated this error. I have reactivated my membership, hand typed both my userid and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word into the Xsquawkbox and I get the error: invalid CID/p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word (6).

I am using xPlane version 9 and the most recent Xsquawkbox 1.2 for both mac and pc….. I have a Mac running OSX.

Just wondering if I have missed anything else. By the way, I did confirm my membership is active……..

Thanks,

Mike

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

if you just reactivated your account, it can take up to 24 hours for the info to completely go through all the servers. try connecting to different servers until then, one or more should let you on right away

Mike Brinker 1212808
Posted
Posted

thanks for the quick reply. How do I select the different servers ? I don't see that option in my plugin preferences? Thank you again for your help.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

i dont use xsquawkbox myself, but you dont have this window in xsquawkbox? not sure if its different in the newer version

xsbconnect.png

if it is there, the servers should be selectable in the dropdown

Mike Brinker 1212808
Posted
Posted

Yes, I see now…. I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed that these were ATC zones and not servers……… even though it says "server:"! Sorry about that.

Thank you again for the help. It is appreciated.

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

no worries, welcome back