You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Bad voice quality

Adrijan Pekovic 1235215

Adrijan Pekovic 1235215
Posted
Posted

For as long time I've been on VATSIM, I thought it's just like that, the voice quality is really bad, and accepted it. But, I heard how voice sounds from a different computer, and I was baffled - it was very clear, a lot more clear than I was used to (still not perfect, but it was close to real life communications).

Then a few days ago I tried observing with both VRC and EuroScope and getting on the frequencies, and was even more blown away - it sounded almost as it does on Skype, it was extremely clear. So, I seem to have problem with FSInn and SquawkBox clients for some reason, as they really, really make everyone sound awful. I am 100% sure I tried to screw around with the settings, turn on & off the realistic distortion option, but nothing has made a drastic change.

How can I make them work better? Is it perhaps related to the sound card on motherboard, the drivers maybe? I was really confused when I heard how Squawkbox sounded on a different computer.

31.png

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

adjust the volume sliders in the clients settings. if you have them maxed out, thats going to affect the output. adjust until you find your sweet spot

Adrijan Pekovic 1235215
Posted
Posted

Hmm never thought of that, thanks. I always had them maxed out, I'll try to lower them.

31.png

Adrijan Pekovic 1235215
Posted
Posted

This has improved quality a bit, but I still can't hear it clearly as on VRC/EuroScope.

31.png

• 1 month later...
Chris La Salle 835050
Posted
Posted

Try checking to see if your equipment settings works best by trying wave first the direct sound, could be that one of those sound drivers conflicts with some other program