You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

help with x-plane 10 squakbox and vatsim

Terrence Valter 1281059

Terrence Valter 1281059
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I am in need of some help.

I have x-plane 10 latest, I am a vatsim member.

I can't seem to workout where I log in to Vatsim, when I click the button on Vatsim Membership it takes me to member services. So I thought I may be logging in automatically, although I can't seem to access anything much.

I have downloaded the 32 bit version of squawkbox but I can't work out how to setup the plugin for x-plane. I have read the forums but the sqbox install doesn't have any plugin folders.

Thanks for any help

Mike Burke 1145825
Posted
Posted

Hi Terrence,

First, make sure you have the latest copy of Xsquawkbox from here: http://www.xsquawkbox.net/xsb/download/ (use the first link).

When you unzip that, you'll see a "for plugins folder" with a folder named "XSquawkBox" inside. What you want to do is move/copy that into the "Resources/plugins" folder inside your X-Plane 10 installation. Just take the entire folder and place it in there and start up X-Plane after you've done so.

From there you should see XSquawkbox in the Plugins menu after you start up.

There's also a "XSquawkBox.html" file in the /docs folder of that download that you may want to take a look at. It has more detailed instructions.

Wade Williams 877539
Posted
Posted
When you unzip that, you'll see a "for plugins folder" with a folder named "XSquawkBox" inside. What you want to do is move/copy that into the "Resources/plugins" folder inside your X-Plane 10 installation. Just take the entire folder and place it in there and start up X-Plane after you've done so.

Incorrect.

You want to copy the CONTENTS of the "for plugins folder" into X-Plane/Resources/plugins.

Mike Burke 1145825
Posted
Posted

Incorrect.

You want to copy the CONTENTS of the "for plugins folder" into X-Plane/Resources/plugins.

Sorry - intent was to say to move the "XSquawkBox" folder which is located inside of "for plugins folder". Didn't state that very clearly!