You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS9 OOM Error.

Jay Symanski 876103

Jay Symanski 876103
Posted
Posted

Hello,

I just started my fs9 today and i get this type of error and fs9 shuts down. "Low Virtual Memory" I have a HP envy phoenix h9-1335 desktop - I5 3.40GHZ,12GB RAM. 1GB Video card ATI Radeon 7670.

Any fixes or help would be greatly appreciated.

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

Did you patch FS9.EXE to be LARGEADDRESSAWARE? Are you running a 64-bit OS?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

... Normal in my household makes you a member of a visible minority.

Jay Symanski 876103
Posted
Posted

yes i'am running windows 8.1 64bit.fs9prob_zpsce7e52e3.jpg

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

That's not an OOM error (I think, I can't see such small text). What kind of errors are you really getting, Access Violations or OOMs?

What's the answer to my first question?

Cheers!

Luke

... I spawn hundreds of children a day. They are daemons because they are easier to kill. The first four remain stubbornly alive despite my (and their) best efforts.

Jay Symanski 876103
Posted
Posted

well i have this happening when i start up my FS9. here's a pic id have to say its under OOM.

fs9prob2_zpsb2037992.png

Now that happens about 10 seconds after i try to start up my fs9. now when i clicked the view files log it came up with the picture that's from the above post. so i'm kinda confused as to what the exact prob could be from prob the OOM or MS70.DLL. not sure

Luke Kolin
Posted
Posted

If FS9 is running out of VAS at startup, you have a problem with either your aircraft or your scenery. Did you add any scenery recently? Perhaps you need to delete your default flight or saved weather and restart.

Cheers!

Luke

Jay Symanski 876103
Posted
Posted

Yes i have and i tried to uninstall them but i have the same problem it was a few UK2000 Airports about 6 of them.