Sweatbox server "down"

when I am trying to "Connect to VATSIM" on VRC. Under the "Server" field I can't find Sweatbox. I am doing something wrong?. I am new here. Thanks.

In your VRC directory, create a new text file. In the file, put this:

sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX

Save it as myservers.txt. Please note though that Sweatbox is only used by students when they are training with simulated traffic under the instruction of a Mentor or full Instructor. There's only traffic that your trainer puts on there, in other words. Actual controlling is done on the live servers that you already see in your list.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

when I am trying to "Connect to VATSIM" on VRC. Under the "Server" field I can't find Sweatbox. I am doing something wrong?. I am new here. Thanks.

In your VRC directory, create a new text file. In the file, put this:

sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX

Save it as myservers.txt. Please note though that Sweatbox is only used by students when they are training with simulated traffic under the instruction of a Mentor or full Instructor. There's only traffic that your trainer puts on there, in other words. Actual controlling is done on the live servers that you already see in your list.

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your information. Yes, I am a new student and my instructor already instructed me to create the myservers.txt with the text as you typed. But it still does not work.

Maybe I placed the myserver.txt file on the wrong directory? Can you please advise where should I put this file? Thank you for your help.

*** update ***

I think I got it. I changed the location of myservers.txt and Sweatbox name showed up under the "server" pull down menu.