You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sweatbox server "down"

Michiel Blom 1216804

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted

we can connect, however the planes dont show.

multiple persons tried multiple scenarios and it just doesn't work.

greetings.

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted

Which program are you using for training (TWRTrainer, ACSim, etc.) and which error message(s), if any, are you getting?

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted (edited)

Using TWRTrainer, I'm just getting an unhelpful "Socket closed by remote host" error.

EDIT: Using Wireshark, I determined the Sweatbox server is returning:

$ERserver:unknown: 016::Unauthorized client software.

VRC is able to connect just fine.

Edited by Guest

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted

not getting any errors. planes just dont pop up in euroscope and instead of saying "Sweatbox" in the top left corner it says "vatsim"

the planes do show in the simulator (training) dialog they just dont show on the map

im not using any exterior software.

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

I broke it once again...

back to the old one... my home phone line is dead (so is my DSL) so i have only the cell phone which isn't good for trying to work on a server.

Sorry... should be working now. let me know please.

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Michiel Blom 1216804
Posted
Posted

its working now

thanks a lot. have a mentor session with one of my students in 30 minutes so this solved it great.

Yung Chen 1285317
Posted
Posted

when I am trying to "Connect to VATSIM" on VRC. Under the "Server" field I can't find Sweatbox. I am doing something wrong?. I am new here. Thanks.

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted
when I am trying to "Connect to VATSIM" on VRC. Under the "Server" field I can't find Sweatbox. I am doing something wrong?. I am new here. Thanks.

In your VRC directory, create a new text file. In the file, put this:

sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX

Save it as myservers.txt. Please note though that Sweatbox is only used by students when they are training with simulated traffic under the instruction of a Mentor or full Instructor. There's only traffic that your trainer puts on there, in other words. Actual controlling is done on the live servers that you already see in your list.

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Yung Chen 1285317
Posted
Posted

In your VRC directory, create a new text file. In the file, put this:

sweatbox.vatsim.net SWEATBOX

Save it as myservers.txt. Please note though that Sweatbox is only used by students when they are training with simulated traffic under the instruction of a Mentor or full Instructor. There's only traffic that your trainer puts on there, in other words. Actual controlling is done on the live servers that you already see in your list.

Hi Brad,

Thank you for your information. Yes, I am a new student and my instructor already instructed me to create the myservers.txt with the text as you typed. But it still does not work.

Maybe I placed the myserver.txt file on the wrong directory? Can you please advise where should I put this file? Thank you for your help.

*** update ***

I think I got it. I changed the location of myservers.txt and Sweatbox name showed up under the "server" pull down menu.

Bradley Grafelman
Posted
Posted

In VRC versions 1.2.3 and prior, the "myservers.txt" should be in the same folder as VRC.exe. In newer versions, it looks in a "VRC" subdirectory (I think that's the name?) of your My Docomeents folder.