You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Greetings folks

Justin Deyoe

Justin Deyoe
Posted
Posted

Hello all, I just wanted to say hello and that I am new to the VATSim world. I have recently signed up on the main website and selected North America and the US as my division, so hopefully soon I will receive an email about what to do next such as the website p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word so I can take my test to start as a student as I have printed out alot of the material that I need to study and learn to start this whole new experience.

But, I just wanted to say hi to you all, and hopefully see you soon

Justin D

2636.png

Terry Kocher 919807
Posted
Posted

Hello there, welcome to VATSIM and VATUSA, hope to see you in the skies soon.

pilot.gif

3712.png

Troy Autry
Posted
Posted

Hello Justin welcome to VATSIM and VATUSA hope your ready for the beginning of an adiction that will never end!

Troy Autry

vZDV-C1/M

1504.png

Joe Mifsud 928114
Posted
Posted

You better make sure the chair at your computer desk is might comfy!

Justin Deyoe
Posted
Posted

oh don't you worry guys, my chair is comfy not to mention I have my TV and fridge nearby.

So far even just observing ATC I have gotten additced to the point where I am at work now on breaks reading through material trying to learn so I can do this

2636.png

Jeff Turner
Posted
Posted
Hello all, I just wanted to say hello and that I am new to the VATSim world. I have recently signed up on the main website and selected North America and the US as my division, so hopefully soon I will receive an email about what to do next such as the website p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word so I can take my test to start as a student as I have printed out alot of the material that I need to study and learn to start this whole new experience.

But, I just wanted to say hi to you all, and hopefully see you soon

Justin D

Hi there Justin,

Welcome once again,

Looks like you made it in to ZBW just fine and look forward to talking to you soon!

JT

Jeff "JU" Turner

US Army Retired

http://www.skyblueradio.com

21.png

SBR_banner-468-x-60.jpg

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

Justin,

As everyone has said, welcome! It sounds like you've got the bug already! I still remember the high I felt when I opened my first position...it was SJC_TWR (San Jose tower), and I was text only. A plane called me on a 6-7 mile final, and I cleared him to land, with the winds. As he rolled to a stop, I told him to exit next right, and taxi to the gate....and guess what, that's what he did!

I was giddy! Two years and 2500+ hours later, while I can't say I'm quite as giddy after issuing each landing clearance, I STILL have the bug!

Welcome to our world, it sounds like you're going to love it.