You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATEUD training?

Alexander Granholm 1284861

Posted
Posted

So, I thought I'd enroll in some training to be more sure of how to vatsim correctly, and enrolled through the ptd.vateud.net website, as suggested by the mail I got when I signed up.

I fould a newbie session earlier this week that I wanted to join (scheduled for today at 1700 UTC). I got an email confirming that I had signed up successfully, but after that, nothing. I couldn't find any information on where the Open Session I wanted to join was to be held, and if I would need to install teamspeak or something else to be able to join. And the starting time came and went, and I'm still totally clueless of where I was supposed to go, and how.

I even tried to mail [email protected], an address that I found on the site, but that mail bounced back as an unknown address.

Anyone here that could tell me how the sessions are supposed to work?

Duarte  Folgado 1106197
Posted
Posted

Hello Alexander,

After you click on the enroll button you should receive an extra email apart from the confirmation you did refer to with the final details of the training. Not only the TS address but also the summary of what will be covered.

My guess is that that email did go somewhere on SPAM folder (Can you double check that please?). In the meantime we sent another email to you a few minutes ago. Unfortunately probably it will be complicated to do the training today since p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es 54 minutes after the 1700z.

I was wondering where did you saw that email address ([email protected]) ? I think that should be no longer valid. All the emails are under: http://ptd.vateud.net/staff. You can see your instructor email I suppose Ivan Garcia.

Let me know if you receive all the info needed and if you have any doubts please don't hesitate to email me.

Duarte Folgado

Instructor (I1) & Certified Pilot (P4)

Lisboa FIR Director (ACCPT3)

Portugal vACC -VATEUD - VATSIM

2.png1106197.png

Posted
Posted
Hello Alexander,

After you click on the enroll button you should receive an extra email apart from the confirmation you did refer to with the final details of the training. Not only the TS address but also the summary of what will be covered.

My guess is that that email did go somewhere on SPAM folder (Can you double check that please?). In the meantime we sent another email to you a few minutes ago. Unfortunately probably it will be complicated to do the training today since p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es 54 minutes after the 1700z.

I was wondering where did you saw that email address ([email protected]) ? I think that should be no longer valid. All the emails are under: http://ptd.vateud.net/staff. You can see your instructor email I suppose Ivan Garcia.

Let me know if you receive all the info needed and if you have any doubts please don't hesitate to email me.

Sorry, I typed the wrong address from memory when I wrote this post, the mail address that I tried to mail was [email protected] (found here: http://vateud.net/training/pilot-training/p1-manual) And this was the bounce I got from gmail:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain vateud.net by aspmx.l.google.com. [2607:f8b0:4003:c01::1b].

The error that the other server returned was:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
550 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 pu6si7619991oeb.196 - gsmtp

I kept checking my spam folder as well but no mail about the training showed up there. However the trainer (Ivan Garcia) contacted me some 25 minutes ago, also checking if I never got any mail. Seems there must have been some mishaps in the mail sending, I'll just try signing up for another session when I see one.

Duarte  Folgado 1106197
Posted
Posted

Hello Alexander,

Glad that was quickly solved. You can also send your availability via email to the instructor in order to schedule a session instead of waiting for an "open session".

Regarding the email address, it is indeed no longer valid. In your case, since you're interested on newbie training, we have email that is monitored by several people to ensure fast and efficient response helping new members: [email protected]

And by the way, welcome to VATSIM...

Duarte

Duarte Folgado

Instructor (I1) & Certified Pilot (P4)

Lisboa FIR Director (ACCPT3)

Portugal vACC -VATEUD - VATSIM

2.png1106197.png