You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

message from vatsim

Harold Ramsey 1278914

Harold Ramsey 1278914
Posted
Posted

I have been getting the following messages from vatsim when flying IFR. "PRIVATE!FTW_46_CRT>Please contact me on 135.750. Please do not respond via private message - use the frequency instead"

then this message"Private!vatasia2.hello Im Anastasios, one of the vatsim supervisor. the time is 18:12:30 UTC. you are flying inside controlled airspace, vatsim code of conduct paragraph 83 says, that pilots always have to check and appropriate ATC."

then this message "private!vatasia2>to contact me simply type(with the quotes)".msg vatasia2 hello" tne press enter"

then this message

"private!vatasia2>I have tried to contact you without success. pilots are require to contact the act. therefore I will have to disconnect you being non responsive.

I have screen shots of these message, but not sure how to upload them.

Can someone help me with what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for your time.

Semir Gebran
Posted
Posted

A supervisor was attempting to contact you, you should reply to those messages. You may be disconnected from the network if you do not reply.

Take care,

Semir

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

Harold, is english your first language?

thats a serious question, not a put down. itll help us help you understand the messages. thats 2 days in a row though that you run into issues like this so there must be something you arent understanding

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)

As it says, under the Code of Conduct section B3, you are required to be aware of when you are in airspace that has active ATC online and contact them when asked. That message is an attempt by Fort Worth Center in this case to get you to contact them. You should tune your aircraft com1 radio to the specified frequency and contact ATC via text or voice. You apparently did not do this, so a Supervisor contacted you. You later did not respond to the Supervisor's request for contact, so you were forcibly disconnected from the network.

It is recommended that you review the Pilot Resource Center at http://www.vatsim.net/prc and take the pilot training program offered through one of our Authorized Training Organizations. An overview of the training program can be found at http://www.vatsim.net/pilots/ptd/ and a list of ATOs can be found at http://linksmanager.com/vatsimvas/authorised-training-organisation.html.

Edited by Guest

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Harold Ramsey 1278914
Posted
Posted

Well I guess this is not where I belong. I have just retired and want something to do in my spare time and I like to fly so I purchase Microsoft's flight simulator and have enjoy learning a lot about flying, so I will sign off of Vatsim and just go back to FSX and get more experience flying. Thanks to all for your replies.

Harold

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

would you be interested in going through the pilot training program? theyll help teach you how to fly online etc....

i dont know of any non VA groups in the US that are part of the program though. used to be one that was based in Florida.

Bradford Lee
Posted
Posted (edited)
would you be interested in going through the pilot training program? theyll help teach you how to fly online etc....

i dont know of any non VA groups in the US that are part of the program though. used to be one that was based in Florida.

There's VATPilot, and I was able to get my P1 through VATPAC even though I'm a VATUSA member; they offer out of division training.

Edited by Guest

Brad Lee

spacer.png

ZJX ARTCC

Chad Vienna 1195499
Posted
Posted
Well I guess this is not where I belong. I have just retired and want something to do in my spare time and I like to fly so I purchase Microsoft's flight simulator and have enjoy learning a lot about flying, so I will sign off of Vatsim and just go back to FSX and get more experience flying. Thanks to all for your replies.

Harold

Harold,

There are A LOT of people more than willing to help you with flying on VATSIM, the fact that you came on the forum to ask about a problem that you are experiencing is a step in the right direction.

There is also quite a bit of instructional information available in the Pilot Resource Center (PRC) http://www.vatsim.net/pilots/ and on the internet pertaining to VASTIM, I would suggest that you take a few days off from VATSIM, read some of the material (and if you have any questions; Do not hesitate to ask on the forums). Then log back onto the network and give it another try.

The time spent learning VATSIM is well worth it!

Chad Vienna - KCRQ

ZLA Pilot Cert I-09

d_8855.jpg

"The important thing in aeroplanes is that they shall be speedy." — Baron Manfred Von Richthofen

Miguel Frias
Posted
Posted

Harold

Hello Harold,

VATSIM is ideal for you now that you are retired. No need to go away just because you stumped on an initial difficulty. Here we have different types of pilots, users. There are specific training organizations that can help you understand how VATSIM (online flight) works. There are a few easy and simple rules that must be observed however, to ensure a pleasant hobby.

I am personally making myself available to help you out. It's much easier if we talk on a Teamspeak or Skype session since we'll be able to address your doubts and issues directly. So please contact me via private message here in the forum or send me an email: [email protected]

Welcome to VATSIM.

Miguel Frias

Senior Instructor (I3) & Certified Pilot (P4), ZLA I-11 graduate

Portugal vACC Training Director (ACCPT2), VATEUD Operations Director (VATEUD8)

Portugal vACC, VATEUD, VATSIM

1107190.png1107190.png