You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mini panel

Bryan Richards

Bryan Richards
Posted
Posted

Hey congratulations on the release. Just wondering, I've been spoiled by fsinn mini control panel with its small size and access to many of the menu options from it and since I always fly full screen it makes it very convenient. Does vpilot have a similar mini panel or is the drop down in fsx menu bar the only convenient way of accessing some of the functions?

Can the vpilot main window remain on top of fsx when it is in full screen, and can it be reduced to a single line bar in a similar way you could by double clicking the top border of the squawkbox client?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot cannot sit on top of FSX when FSX is in full screen mode, because vPilot does not run as an FSX module. It is a separate, stand-alone application. There is no minibar.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 months later...
John Ryder 1105436
Posted
Posted

Something to incorporate or develop perhaps ??

I don't have a 2nd computer, and being able to hit a button that can bring it to run on top would make this All-Round winner.....

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It's not something I would be willing to do, because writing modules that run inside FS is a major pain and requires a programming language that I prefer not to use. If someone else wanted to write one, I might be willing to create some sort of API so that vPilot can communicate with the FSX module.

Thomas Rushworth 842030
Posted
Posted

Ross:

How about providing the option of reducing the window size?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

It still wouldn't be able to be displayed in front of full-screen FSX.

Thomas Rushworth 842030
Posted
Posted

Agreed. However, a smaller size would be helpful in windowed mode.