You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC controllers / vroute question

Ross Robertson 1290360

Ross Robertson 1290360
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I hope that someone is able to help. I have been doing my PPL for the last couple of years and I am getting ready for my skills test and my final exam (RT exam) and I found out about vatsim which I thought would be a big help.

Question 1. I am looking at doing my first flight from EGPJ to EGPG and I would like to do a zone transit through the Edinburgh zone VFR.

If I was to do this in real life I would contact the approach controller and make my request. I have currently had a look on vroute and I can see Edinburgh currently has a Ground and a tower controller.

Do I contact the tower controller if I am going to do a zone transit? No one is currently on Scottish EGPX and I would like to understand what I should do? I think the correct order should be DEL,GND,TWR,APP,CTR.

Question 2. I have read up on making a booking using vroute and also the creation of a flight plan.

My question is why do you need to do both? All I was asked when I created a booking was the departing airfield, the destination airfield, the time and the airspeed.

I am sure that these are just newbie questions but I would appreciate any help.

Regards,

Ross

Kris Thomson
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your post! Let me answer your questions:

1. Yes you should contact the tower controller for your zone transit.

2. You don't need to book before you fly on the network. You can simply log on and file a flight plan. If you do decide to book on vroute then it will pre-file the flight plan and so you just have to log in with the callsign you specified and it will match up against the booking made.

If you have any further questions regarding the UK you might find it easier to ask a question on our forums here:

http://community.vatsim-uk.co.uk/

Thanks,

Kris

Kris Thomson C1

CTP Planning Team member

VATSIM UK Live! Organiser

Follow VATSIM UK Live! on Twitter

34.png

Ross Robertson 1290360
Posted
Posted

Hi Kris,

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ross

• 4 weeks later...
Craig Durkin 1291705
Posted
Posted

Hello, does anybody know if someone is going to run a mentoring session as i joined a good few weeks ago however i am still waiting on a session.

Thanks,

Craig