You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

EuroScope 3.2 is available for the VATSIM community

Gergely Csernak

Rihards Bauga 1147153
Posted
Posted

I'm getting an error when launching "EuroScope.exe". Tried reinstalling it twice, also deleted registry entries [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ociated with EuroScope application - didn't help.

lcqz6eruxkn6k7uv0jno.png

Any help appreciated.

Regards.

Rihards Bauga

ATCO Instructor Latvia vACC

ACCLAT5 | Latvia vACC | http://www.lv-vacc.org

1147153.jpg

Tim Wong
Posted
Posted

Has been solved by some other people. Maybe it will help you, too - good luck:

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=64857&p=467263#p467262

Do you want your Virtual Airline to become an official partner on VATSIM or to participate in the VAA Program?
Visit https://www.vatsim.net/pilots/virtual-airlines

Tim Wong
Director of Virtual Airline Relations
VATSIM.net Virtual Airlines and Special Operations Administration
9KMxVhG.png

Dante Nikolovski 1262085
Posted
Posted

Everything resolved except the large window I have, using the "tab" key to get to the "Log on" button. Thank you for your help.

Dante Nikolovski

Training Director at MACvACC

VATEUD Divisional Instructor

[email protected]

Merik Nanish 1184142
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the great work Gergely!

One minor issue btw: When I open ES 3.2, it contacts the ES website for a version check, then responds that "you have the latest beta version". I think you need to update that response from the server-side.

NYARTCC Facility Engineer and Instructor

255qao8.png

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted
One minor issue btw: When I open ES 3.2, it contacts the ES website for a version check, then responds that "you have the latest beta version". I think you need to update that response from the server-side.

Yes, I realized that also. I hope that it does not brother anyone too much

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 1 month later...
Ga�«tan Petit 1201212
Posted
Posted

Hello everybody,

Just one question: How work the predefined taxi routes and in what situation can I use it?

What produced effects are shown on screen (line, dot)?

Sincerly

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Hi,

At the moment the predefined taxi routes can be used only when you issue a taxi instruction to a simulated plane in a simulation session.

In the upcoming fix patch you will be able to show them on the screen as well.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

• 8 months later...
Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted (edited)

How can I install the 3.2a beta version ?

Edited by Guest

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted
There is a link provided in the text box at the bottom on startup of the program.

http://euroscope.hu/installbeta/changes.html

Thanks, I just copy everything in the directory of Euroscope ?

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

Yep

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Matthew Moy 1288933
Posted
Posted

Thank you.

• 2 months later...
Ngo Dac Nhat Quang 1187386
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I just wonder myself doest ES have the function like that

If we want send the latest METAR at one airport to the traffic flying, Could we do it by one click and METAR text will send to traffic like text?

QUANG.png

Ngo Dac Nhat Quang

VATSEA Instructor

Matthew Gunn 964355
Posted
Posted

You can create aliases to pick up a particular a/c dep or arr metar as long as you have the airport in your metar list, along the lines of:

.ma current weather at your destination is $metar($arr)

.md for info local weather at departure airport is $metar($dep)

but you have to F2 (airport ICAO) before you use it if you have not already downloaded that metar into euroscope

hope that is what you were after..

Matt

Ngo Dac Nhat Quang 1187386
Posted
Posted

Thanks Matt,

I will try using it

QUANG.png

Ngo Dac Nhat Quang

VATSEA Instructor

• 1 year later...
Alexey Kaznakov
Posted
Posted

Hello. I've bumped into a crush of ES 3.2 (r12) wnen trying to connect under FSS. Does anyone have the same problem?

Lewis Hardcastle
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hello. I've bumped into a crush of ES 3.2 (r12) wnen trying to connect under FSS. Does anyone have the same problem?

I have the same with _CTR. Re-installed few times and ensured c++ redist installed. Also deleted the msvcr100.dll and the other 2 so they'd re-build or use from syswow64 folder as someone suggested previously.

Any other ideas?

Edited by Guest

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

I experienced sometimes that the SectorFileProviderDescriptor.txt can cause this kind of problems. Try once to delete that file (it will be recreated on the next ES startup). Does that help anything?

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Lewis Hardcastle
Posted
Posted
I experienced sometimes that the SectorFileProviderDescriptor.txt can cause this kind of problems. Try once to delete that file (it will be recreated on the next ES startup). Does that help anything?

Didn't work for me, but thanks

Similar symptoms to the below thread, except my setup, doesn't involve vSMR. Managed to manually remove the 3 .dll above and then re-install x86 redist, but this only worked during the first launch and connection to the network.

https://community.vatsim.uk/topic/33969-euroscope-32-beta/

https://community.vatsim.uk/topic/29766-euroscope-32-dll-issue/

Any other ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

My r12 has crashed consistenly every time I connect (not at software startup). Tonight, I reinstalled every single C++ redist package for both 32 and 64bit, did a clean install of ES and cleaned out mydocs/euroscope, without any change. Then, in a desperate attempt to try something after playing around for 90 mintues with read-only settings, deleting some setting files, changing .exe-compabilities etc, I went into Win7's personalization page. I swapped basic for Aero, and it worked! Then I restarted ES to see if it was recreatable, and it crashed. Then I changed back to Basic, and now it works on every login, weirdly. I do expect it to run into a crashing streak again sooner rather than later, but there's definately some arbitrary link between the .dll's used, the C++2010 package and the win7 (possibly win10?) background theme.

UPDATE: Might have been too quick on this one. Now, a night's sleep and a restart later, this method doesn't yield anything at all. The quest continues.

• 5 months later...
Magnus Meese
Posted
Posted

This issue seems to be gone now for all beta versions, I believe the reason is I went ahead and ensured that my WIN user had full ownership of all system folders, using the registry trick to add "Take Ownership" to the right click context menu (google this, guides for both win7 and win10, but as with everything in OS setup, be very carefull and take backups).

• 3 months later...
Daniel Rechberger
Posted
Posted

Hey there!

First - EuroScope is a great vATC client - keep the work up!

Second:

I am teaching myself C++ (GNU at first, MS-variant later) and would appreciate a reasonable up-to-date docomeentation of the Plugin-API - anyone got a link?

I am also trying to access the WIKI of euroscope.hu, and either load endlessly or get straight a 404-HTTP Error.

Kindest,

Daniel