You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.
PLEASE READ - Webmaster Support Forum
This forum will be retired in the near future. Please direct all queries to our dedicated GitHub support page https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/discussions 
Here you can find documentation on our services and we are continuing to migrate pertinent information into the Wiki pages https://github.com/vatsimnetwork/developer-info/wiki

onlinehours

Luca Benelli

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

As announced on the vatsim conference in the next days, or possibly a couple of weeks (too much backlog right now) i'll be giving total atchours and total pilothours in the XML info pages (idstatus.php).

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Great, thanks!

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor

Svilen Vassilev
Posted
Posted

Awesome addition, thank you Luca!

C1/P2 | vaccbih.info

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

I've been asked to do these divided by rating, not sure how much that requires to recalc them so i thought i'd make them once a month but that's probably a bit too far from one run to the other... once a week would be interesting?

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Michael Shamash 1281144
Posted
Posted
I've been asked to do these divided by rating, not sure how much that requires to recalc them so i thought i'd make them once a month but that's probably a bit too far from one run to the other... once a week would be interesting?

If by rating you mean by position like _GND, _TWR, _CTR, etc... I already have that set up on our site. You can see that working here and click on any name to view the breakdown of their hours total/this month/this year/positions/etc... http://czyz.ca/controller-stats

I'd be glad to share the code with the community.

Let me know!

Michael Shamash

Toronto FIR Webmaster

-------------------------

Toronto Flight Information Region

[email protected] | http://www.czyz.ca

Like us or Follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

Rating as s1 s2 up to ins

the complete data break up doesn't make sense... what i want to have is a quick way to give the info (even if not in real time) which doesn't hit the stats server. These values are calculated onc a day/week/whatever and immediataly available. So i want to find the "break even point" where does it make sense so it gives us a lower cpu usage and quicker reaction times on the stats server

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Florian Rimoli
Posted
Posted

Hey Luca !

Many thanks for this great feature !

Juste few questions :

- I tried with my cid, but atctime and pilotime are empty ( https://cert.vatsim.net/vatsimnet/idstatus.php?cid=1225664 )

- Can you tell us the MAX server request per day/hour ? ( And if there's nothing to control that, what would you expect to avoid overstress ? )

Best,

Florian Rimoli

French vACC 

vatsim.fr

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

the system updates these values once a day. so no need to update more often....

If your values are empty try connecting to the network for a short time as atc and as a pilot and the times should be calculated on the next run. To avoid useless DB accesses i only recalculate users who have been online in the last 24 hours.

Luca

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Florian Rimoli
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Luca.

I already tried last night, but i didn't try to connect on the network before. I'll do

We are currently rebuilding all VAT France's IT, and we're planning to store/update this kind of user's data directly in our databases.

So, first question, are we "allowed" to do that ( pick/store/update this data ). Second one is, if YES, how often can we request the HTTP service for all our mates

If we plan to refresh it twice a day, we can expect about 8-9K request/day, just from VAT France hosting server.

One more thing : thanks for the fix on the FSD servers, now connecting LFUP ( Whole France Upper ! ) no longer disconnects me after few seconds !

It Rocks.

Florian Rimoli

French vACC 

vatsim.fr

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

if you download info about the data feeds you could already know who has connected so updating only userrs who can have changed their values, anyway i only see 296 users as active and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to subdivision FRA. Ask EUD for the data about your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned users....

We could also think of providing these in some sort of ready made CSV for download.

Luca

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Florian Rimoli
Posted
Posted

Yes, sure, this service does the Job at VATEUD ( thanks to Svilen ) : http://api.vateud.net/members/FRA.json

Of course one complied version of idstatus results ( CSV || JSON || XML ) will be much appreciated. A gain for you and for us

Florian Rimoli

French vACC 

vatsim.fr

• 2 weeks later...
Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
if you download info about the data feeds you could already know who has connected so updating only userrs who can have changed their values, anyway i only see 296 users as active and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to subdivision FRA. Ask EUD for the data about your [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned users....

We could also think of providing these in some sort of ready made CSV for download.

Luca

Thanks Luca! A CSV would be extremely useful, on the grounds that anyone who is a I1/I3/SUP/ADM has that as their rating when in actual fact it's an endorsement. I plan on using this export to attempt to work out the true rating of person I'm dealing with.

A...

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

i think we can get that directly... i THINK the last "automatic upgrade" in cert should be giving the upgrade from their "real" rating the the sup/adm/ins rating...

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
i think we can get that directly... i THINK the last "automatic upgrade" in cert should be giving the upgrade from their "real" rating the the sup/adm/ins rating...

If we could, that'd be great. Currently our system effectively "penalizes" people with regard to what they can do as if they've never logged in with us before and the first time we see them they're a supervisor, they're granted no ATC ratings in any of our systems.

I'd much rather a result for: atc_rating, pilot_rating, instructor (bool), supervisor (bool), admin (bool). Although I appreciate the last 3 may be pushing it given the data structure in CERT.

A.

Luca Benelli
Posted
Posted

yep, we can't change that (now).

I'll look into it... i could add a node in the responses giving the "realrating" (if the rating is Ins/Sup/Adm).

Could that work? (Check it doesn't break your parsing...)

Luca Benelli - C3 - P2

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
yep, we can't change that (now).

I'll look into it... i could add a node in the responses giving the "realrating" (if the rating is Ins/Sup/Adm).

Could that work? (Check it doesn't break your parsing...)

Thanks!

Provided we're talking about adding it to the idstatus page and the current atc rating field doesn't change name, it won't break.

A.

• 1 year later...
Magnus Gustafsson
Posted
Posted

Any possibility to get the online hours for specific timespan, for example latest 6 months via this function?

Magnus

Magnus Gustafsson

http://www.vatsim-scandinavia.org/

880543.png880543.png

Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately not for the foreseeable future.

Anthony Lawrence
Posted
Posted
Unfortunately not for the foreseeable future.

How about the date the stats were last generated?

Kieran Hardern
Posted
Posted

I will consider making some more network statistics available at some point. However, it won't be via the above scripts and it isn't something I'll look at until several other projects are completed (or near to it).

Sean Harrison
Posted
Posted

Luca, Kieran, and web services team,

Congratulations and Thank you for what you have done. Full stats are always available 24/7 at the vatstats page in so much detail a real world (paid) airline would be proud. Be proud of these new additional supplementary things are being used. I love it.

Sean

C1/O P3

spacer.png