You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

fscopilot apps (e.g. fsinn) tuning off my anti-aliasing

Dustin Aldrich 1290936

Dustin Aldrich 1290936
Posted
Posted

I am having trouble with fscopilot applications turning off my anti-aliasing.

Anything that opens a window like fsinn will black my screen momentarily as it switches graphics settings and turns off anti-aliasing. It seems to just stop the software from overriding my gfx card settings so I am able to fight it a bit by setting up my cards anti-aliasing but I can't get it to look as good as the FSX setting. Even when I approach getting the same quality I begin taking a serious performance hit. Any insight? Thanks!

i7 4770k @4.3GHz hyper threading off

GTX 760 4gb x 2 in sli and surround (except when running fscoplilot apps because of stuttering and anti-aliasing issues)

16gb 1600MHz 9-9-9-24

SSD

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

this is normal for flightsim. any window that opens on top of it will do that

Dustin Aldrich 1290936
Posted
Posted

Okay thank you for the reply. I guess I'm off to Craigslist for a laptop to run fscopilot and fsinn. Doesn't seem too terribly difficult to accomplish?

i7 4770k @4.3GHz hyper threading off

GTX 760 4gb x 2 in sli and surround (except when running fscoplilot apps because of stuttering and anti-aliasing issues)

16gb 1600MHz 9-9-9-24

SSD

Ernesto Alvarez 818262
Posted
Posted

pretty straight forward. dont need a powerful one to boot. $300 laptop at best buy will do

as long as you can network it with your PC, you are good. you just repeat the FSINN install on the laptop. itll detect flightsim on your home network on its own