You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Bob Carmona Retires

Don Desfosse

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

[cross posted from the VATUSA forums]

It is with bittersweet emotion that I announce the retirement of Bob Carmona from the role of VATUSA Deputy Director. Bob has been my compadre, right hand man, voice of reason, partner in crime, and a very, very good friend to me, to VATUSA and to VATSIM during his tenure as Deputy Director, and I will miss him and our fireside chats very, very much. I tried to convince Bob that since he's retired from his RW profession, he couldn't do that here, too, but he didn't buy it. He said he needed more time to chase incredible looking women (don't tell his wife!). Just kidding about that, but he explained that he's spending so much more time with his grandkids and just having such a ball with them, he'd just plain rather do that for a while. I'm hoping that after they tire him out a bit, he'll return them like a well-enjoyed library book and come back to us, but in the meantime, having little kids of my own and knowing how important it is to enjoy them while you can, I respect and support Bob's choice. I've let him know about a million times how much I'll miss him and that the welcome (back) mat is always out. Or kinda like Motel 6 -- we'll leave the light on for him.

I have asked Tom Seeley to step up and become our Deputy Director. Tom's most recent [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment has been as the Northeast Regional Air Traffic Director, and he served us as the Western Regional Air Traffic Director prior to that. He has also served us well as Interim Training Director. Tom is knowledgeable, reasonable, approachable and pretty darned normal; hard qualities to find wrapped up in one package on VATSIM. He will serve us well going forward; we continue to be in good hands.

Please join me in wishing Bob well in retirement (and encouraging him to come back and reignite his p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ion for VATSIM), and congratulating Tom on his promotion.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Steven Cullen
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the services you have given to VATSIM Bob, enjoy the grandkids.

Welcome Tom.

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted

Thank you so much for your unwavering p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ion Bob. You will be sorely missed.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Colin Schoen
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your dedication, Bob. Congratulations TS.

Colin Schoen

VATSIM Senior Network Supervisor