You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

'Lost' features and a bug

Rene van Hove 1099291

Rene van Hove 1099291
Posted
Posted

I haven't had the change to work with the new 3.2 version of Euroscope until tonight, while I was mentoring a student and running a sweatbox simulation.

I encountered 2 features that disappeared in 3.2 but where working in 3.1d, the version I was using before.

Callsigns.

In 3.1d, when an aircraft/tag was selected, the status bar in the bottom showed various info, including the callsign. Everything is still there (pilot's name, destination, and so on), but the callsign is gone. The callsign came from some list of 'known callsigns'. Could this be brought back as it's a highly useful feature.

Full airport names.

When reviewing a flightplan using the 'F6' key, the flightplan was shown in the chat section of the scope. Apart from all information in the flightplan, there was also the full name of the departure and destination airport. This information is no longer there in ES 3.2. This too was a highly useful feature (I for one can't remember every single airport's ICAO code )

BUG!

When running a simulation for training purposes, it needs to be paused sometimes to review a developing situation or explain procedures. This works fine. However, as soon as a mouseclick is registered anywhere in ES or on a tag, the simulation will resume. This does not seem to be intended behaviour.

Also, when the simulation is paused an resumed a couple of times, it might pause unexpected.

Eric Bocaneanu 906549
Posted
Posted

Rene,

The callsign/airport name is still there. Most likely in the transition you lost your DataFiles which contain this database. Go to Open Sct> Load ICAO Airlines data and Open Sct> Load ICAO Airports Data and find the files.

As for the simulator, are you using the ribbons on top to pause/play or the pop-up window?

Eric Bocaneanu

ROvACC Director

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

Can someone confirm this?

There is a way I can see something similar, but acceptable feature: When you run a simulation all the planes are moved in a 1/sec rate. The position update is sent to the server in every 5-6 seconds. So if you run a simulation click on the pause button, the planes are already moved internally to another position. This new position is sent only in 1-5 seconds after the pause. It seems that the planes are still moving, but actually not. Is this what you have seen? Or did the simulator start accidentally? Did the icon change in the toolbar?

Gergely.

EuroScope developer

Rene van Hove 1099291
Posted
Posted
Rene,

The callsign/airport name is still there. Most likely in the transition you lost your DataFiles which contain this database. Go to Open Sct> Load ICAO Airlines data and Open Sct> Load ICAO Airports Data and find the files.

Figured that might be the case indeed, will try.

As for the simulator, are you using the ribbons on top to pause/play or the pop-up window?

I used the ribbon on top to pause/play the sim.

There is a way I can see something similar, but acceptable feature: When you run a simulation all the planes are moved in a 1/sec rate. The position update is sent to the server in every 5-6 seconds. So if you run a simulation click on the pause button, the planes are already moved internally to another position. This new position is sent only in 1-5 seconds after the pause. It seems that the planes are still moving, but actually not. Is this what you have seen? Or did the simulator start accidentally? Did the icon change in the toolbar?

I've noticed the small delay between all aircraft coming to a halt between the moment I press the button and the last position update on the scope. In my case however, the simulator was paused for a time, then just resumed. The icon in the top ribbon did change by itself. It as not the described server delay, it was actually resuming by itself.

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

It would be nice to have it in a reproducible way.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer