You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATM Resignation

Bo Gercke 845743

Bo Gercke 845743
Posted
Posted

I am formally submitting my resignation as Air Traffic Manager at Jacksonville ARTCC. I have accepted orders overseas for at least one year, and may be there for a 2nd. My limited internet access is the reason that I am forced to resign. I want to thank my Staff and my Team for this incredible experience. I have made some great friends and have had a lot of fun watching Jacksonville ARTCC grow and improve.

My overseas orders will take me to Diego Garcia where I will be working primarily heavy cargo, bomber, and tanker traffic transiting to and from the theater. I look forward to this experience as it will allow me to work enroute, approach, and terminal environments.

Going forward in Jacksonville, Robert Burkhead and Jack Harrison have [Mod - Happy Thoughts]umed the leadership of the facility. I have full confidence in their abilities to accomplish the goals we set out to achieve. I am publicly supporting Robert and his desire to apply to replace me as the ATM. I will continue to work with the Staff up to the point that I depart, and will be talking with them over email, after that. I would anticipate very little to change from when I had the facility. Things will only continue to improve and get better for both the pilots and the controllers.

I anticipate returning to VATSIM and VATUSA when I return and looking for more opportunities to contribute to our incredible hobby.

Nicholas Bartolotta 912967
Posted
Posted

Disappointed to hear the news Bo, but I'm sure this overseas position is a great opportunity. In my short time at VATSIM (compared to others) I've seen ZJX grow majorly in traffic amounts under your leadership. Best of luck in Diego Garcia (I have no clue where that is ), and come back to keep us in-line at VATSIM occasionally

Nick Bartolotta - ZSE Instructor, pilot at large

"Just fly it on down to within a inch of the runway and let it drop in from there."

- Capt. Don Lanham, ATA Airlines

Norm Hare 907837
Posted
Posted
dgmap.gif

Andrew Musselman
Posted
Posted

Best of luck where your travels may take you!

1000.png

Ethan Stein 890841
Posted
Posted (edited)

Best of luck to you and ZJX!

Edited by Guest

Garry Morris 920567
Posted
Posted

Sounds like fun Bo! Thanks for your great leadership of ZJX and we'll see you on the flip side.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Have a great time, Bo! Sounds like an interesting gig.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC