You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New coordination altitude looks not released

Jonas Kuster

Jonas Kuster
Posted
Posted

While controlling today I had a close look at the coordination options. When initiating a coordination with the next controller, I select the waypoint I prefer a direct to. Then I change the altitude for the coordination point. It's initially not the correct one, but that is most probably a issue of my sectorfile. After the other controller has accepted the coordination, it appears in light green on my screen indicating me to confirm it. When clicking on the waypoint, I see no more [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment to the next controller of all waypoints until the one I asked for coordination. I click then on the waypoint again I asked before to confirm. The same I do with the altitude, but there every level seems to be still [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to the next controller indicated with the station abbreviation or number in brackets. This look to me like ES will initiate another request if I click on any of these altitudes. I tried and fortunately it doesn't send a request but just confirm the level coordinated before. So it actually works like I think it should, but the indications are confusing.

I think it's clear from my explanation above that I would prefer a little change. But I cannot be sure that this is for a specific reason I don't know about yet, enlighten me this case!

Here 2 screenshots

ES_bug_003a.JPGES_bug_003b.JPG

Something more regarding text pilots. I would prefer having the text "XXX, proceed direct ..." just when I confirm the coordination in my command line. This is currently not the case, an additional selection of the same waypoint is needed to bring the mentioned message into the command line.

Your help and comment is very appreciated, thanks.

Jonas Kuster
Network Supervisor
Leader Operation vACC Switzerland | vacc.ch @vaccswitzerland
GNG Support Team | gng.aero-nav.com
ES Plugin Developer | CCAMS

Gergely Csernak
Posted
Posted

I agree that to the actual agreed level there should be no other controller indication shown as there will be no coordination then.

The second point is not as easy. When you click, do something you may expect the command line to be modified. But if you just continue, start typing something else then your fellow controller accepts your change the your edit will be lost.

Gergely.

EuroScope developer